Nice Job, Hard Art & Quagmire Quest - Three map series by UpperKEES

Started by UpperKEES, April 01, 2010, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Hi all!

This topic will discuss my three CW1 map series:

• Nice Job! (because working should be fun!) - 25 maps - Medium to Expert Only

You'll get assigned a new job every map. See the first 4 posts of this topic for a description of every map (scroll down).

• Hard Art (creeper on canvas) - 9 maps - Hard to Expert Only

These maps are inspired by the works of famous artists (from the real world and the creeper world). Most of them will be based on modern (and often geometric) art, because these works can be translated easily into a CW map. See post 125 of this topic (and further) for a description of every map.

• Quagmire Quest (all-rounders only) - 5 maps - Expert Only

These maps are a combination of new game mechanics, tough battles and a puzzle element. See post 145 of this topic (and further) for a description of every map.

• I've also released the most boring map ever: Bored to Death. Only play this one when you've got nothing else to do. ;)

WARNING: the comments of my maps contain tips & hints how to solve them. Don't read them if you don't like spoilers, as I wasn't able to hide all of them by using the spoiler button.

The maps of each series don't follow a consecutive story line, so they can be played individually as well. Please feel free to comment, criticize, compliment or complain. Feedback will be reflected in future maps.

(An easy version of)
Nice Job 17: The Gamer
has been selected for CW:User Space!

Are you able to finish the hard edition as well?

Click here for all of my CW1 maps and here for an overview of my CW2 maps.

My personal favorites
(all Expert Only)
Suitable for less experienced players

Title:
Nice Job 1: The Hydraulic Engineer
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
Can be played laid back. It takes just one blaster to defend your initial position, but a few more to finish the map. Use of some storage is recommended.
Description:
26% of The Netherlands (also known as Holland or the low lands) is located below sea level. Windmills were used to create land out of sea. As the highest 'mountain' is only 322 meters, flooding is a constant threat to this flat country protected by dunes and dykes.

Today you are an hydraulic engineer, safely operating from Germany. On the map you'll see Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht (the four largest cities) and some smaller towns.

Your job: save the people in the southern province called Zealand. During the flood in 1953 this went terribly wrong. After that activate all windmills and help out the friendly Dutch population. When done, please pick up the message from our Queen.

Note: by law new nuclear reactors are not allowed in The Netherlands, but you can use the only one we have and those in Germany and Belgium.
Download page:
Nice Job 1: The Hydraulic Engineer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 2: The Athlete
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
Normally you are after the creeper; this time the creeper is after you! Beat Mr. Creeper and Mr. Spore in a quick head to head battle.
Description:
Today you are an athlete. On the program is the 400 meters hurdles. You are up against Mr. Creeper and Mr. Spore. In sports only the first place counts, so do a nice job.

"On your marks...."

"Get set...."

"Go!"
Download page:
Nice Job 2: The Athlete
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 3: The Farmer
Difficulty:
Medium
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
You'll be under attack from all sides. Don't advance too fast or too slowly. Positioning of weapons and choice of upgrades will make a difference.
Description:
You are a farmer in the dry lands of Africa. Today you have some trouble with your irrigation system, donated by the United Nations. Unfortunately you are located in its water basin.

Your job: quickly power all water pumps and save your family working on the plains.

And oh, don't forget about the swarms of grasshoppers; your family is rather allergic to them. Better use some insecticides.
Download page:
Nice Job 3: The Farmer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 4: The Plumber
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
No tricks or luck required, just skill and persistence. Definitely the hardest map I've made (and will make). I hope you don't mind a few tries to pick up necessary items (sacrifice some collectors), find a good starting position and build up your initial economy. Your first attempt WILL fail. Tips on request (see comments).
Description:
Today you are a plumber and you have been called for a job:

- Check the tab above the sink.
- Check the shower.
- Check the gooseneck of the toilet.
- Check all drains to the sewer.
- Fix the two leaks in the sewer.
- Mop the mess with Cillit Bang lime power cleaner.

Unfortunately you were clumsy and dropped your tool box, so your equipment is all over the bathroom.
Download page:
Nice Job 4: The Plumber
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 5: The Clockmaker
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
NEW: First map with automatic spore direction indicator, so no more surprises! Not that hard, but you'll need quite some blasters to be able to cross the clock. May be a little CPU intensive in the final stage.
Description:
You are a clockmaker and today you received an unusual clock for repair. It got wet and it is not water resistant. Luckily you start next to the battery compartment (1.5 Volts).

The main clock indicates the seconds passed. The small one on the bottom right displays the minutes this repair is taking you.

The gauge on the top left seems to be a weather sensor. It shows from which direction the rain will fall. As long as you keep it powered, it will show you useful information!

You are not sure about the gauge on the top right. It looks like a count down device....

Please repair this clock before it's completely filled with water!
Download page:
Nice Job 5: The Clockmaker
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 6: The Travel Agent
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
You start with plenty of space to build your initial economy. After that you'll have to cross some tough mountain ranges to reach your goal. Can be played laid back, unless you go for the highscore.
Description:
As tourism is a growing business in Russia, you started your own travel agency in Moscow.

Today you have a booking from a wealthy customer who likes to visit the following places:
- The geysers of Iceland
- The green hills of Ireland
- The soukhs of Morocco
- The northern lights of Norway
- The tundra's of Siberia
- The mob scene of Sicily
- The beaches of Cyprus
- The old civilizations of Mesopotamia (once between Iran and Iraq)

Please do a nice job and plan this trip efficiently. You can ask the branch offices in Berlin, London, Madrid, Rome, Athens and Istanbul for help if you need to.
Download page:
Nice Job 6: The Travel Agent
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 7: The Supervisor
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
You have enough space to build, but you will need it all. A little planning ahead will make your job easier. Don't underestimate the amount of energy you'll need. Have fun and please leave a comment if you (dis)liked it!
Description:
Today you are the supervisor of a swimming pool.

Besides a normal bath you facilitate a jacuzzi and a wild water slide.

It's your job to inspect all baths for safety. You may have to remove some water to accomplish your task. Warning: this job will cost you a lot of energy!

But first please help the little boy who lost his mother.

Are you ready for a dive into the deep?
Download page:
Nice Job 7: The Supervisor
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 8: The Lifeguard
Difficulty:
Medium
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
- 536 emitters including: 4 with 1000 intensity, 28 with 750 intensity and 40 with 500 intensity.
- 3 little children lost at sea.
- 1 person who can help them: YOU! What are you waiting for???
Description:
Today you are a lifeguard on a beautiful sandy beach.

Three children left the swimming area, indicated by the buoys. They got surprised by the tide, but were able to hang on to some cliffs. Luckily all children wear a safety ring, but how long will these last?

Do a nice job and safe the children in time. After that put up a flag on the southern hill, indicating the dangerous conditions.
Download page:
Nice Job 8: The Lifeguard
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 9: The Explorer
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
Time to act fast! First defend your initial position before you will be able to advance. After that it will be tough, but pretty straight forward. I've tried to create a different look for this map; please let me know if you like it.
Description:

WOW! You've finally found it!

For many years you've been an explorer, searching in the dense forests of South America. This must be your lucky day!

You arrived at the outer walls of the ancient city you've studied for so long. Many treasures must be hidden here. And even more important: eternal fame!

Suddenly your hear a strange sibilant sound in the far distance. When you pay more attention, the sound seems to get closer every 15 seconds....

You quickly decide to take the two closest towers, before they take you. Damn! Why do you never get an easy job?
Download page:
Nice Job 9: The Explorer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 10: The Teacher
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
This time the start will be easier as you only need 2 blasters to defend the teacher's desk. All emitters can be capped by placing blasters on the heads of the children. Believe me, they deserve it.... Have fun!
Description:

Although you rather elaborate on Einstein's theories (see blackboard), good jobs are hard to get, so you are a teacher at an elementary school today.

Please make sure these children are learning something instead of annoying you.

Although the kids can be a real pain, never forget that each child has something special to offer!
Download page:
Nice Job 10: The Teacher
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 11: The Prince
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
Quite hard, but rated 'Expert Only' because you will also need to hurry to be able to save the princesses. You'll need all your skills (but no tricks) to bring this map to a good end. Tips on request (see comments).
Description:
Greetings Prince Charming!

Today you've arrived at a castle where 4 beautiful princesses are held prisoner. It's your job to set them free before they get killed.

As a reward you can pick one of them as your bride, so enjoy your siege!
Download page:
Nice Job 11: The Prince
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 12: The Collector
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
During the initial phase you will have to retreat after picking up the items of your preference. Defending this position will be the hardest part and might cost you a few tries. Once established you'll be able to advance rather fast. From that moment moving to the 2nd page will be the toughest job.
Description:
You are not only a Creeper World addict, but also a dedicated collector. The CW items have become your collector items that you store in a special book. One day this collection might be worth a lot of money!

Today is a happy day; you've finally found the Thor tech and your collection is complete!

When you place the tech in your book, you realize something terrible....
Emitters can't be stored without being capped!

You quickly decide to use the items to save the collection.... and yourself!
Download page:
Nice Job 12: The Collector
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 13: The Soccer Player
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
Only 12 days left till the World Championships of the most popular sport on Earth: soccer! Now combine your soccer skills with your CW skills and make it to the next round. Just 11 players up against a fearless opponent; will you be able to score a goal?
Description:
For once you start off with a completely green field. You can still smell the freshly mowed grass of your home stadium, where you will play your first match as a soccer player for the Red Raiders.

Today your team is up against the Blue Bullies, feared for their relentless style of play.

Your coach, Mr. Drone, quickly gives you the last instructions for your new job:

- You will be playing mid-field today.
- First play one-on-one. Later on you might want to change your strategy.
- Beware, defenders are always stronger than attackers.
- Make sure you substitute the two players in the dug-out.
- After 30 seconds the enemy coach will start shouting very loud and will keep doing so every half minute; don't let it hold you back.
- Finally, score a goal. One is enough if we keep our defences tight enough.
- You can always ask me for support.
- When it takes the crowd too long before they see some action, they will start throwing trash on the field. Make sure they don't hit you.

Good luck and don't disappoint me! We've paid quite some money for you....
Download page:
Nice Job 13: The Soccer Player
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 14: The Squad Leader
Difficulty:
Medium
Creeper type:
Air only
Remarks:
After a couple of rather hard maps, this time a quick and fun map suitable for every player. Please save the president of the United States of America and 7 other world leaders from the terrorist attacks!
Description:
You feel honoured, as you were given the lead over an anti-terrorist squad. But you also feel a bit nervous, because today is the big day....

The president of the United States of America will travel by Air Force One to the annual G8 meeting, accompanied by 7 other world leaders. You are responsible for their safety during this flight.

As you walk through the airport terminal, you suddenly hear somebody laugh:
"Hahaha! I have placed quite a lot of semtex. This will be tough for them, heheh!"

You look around and notice a guy with a laptop, staring at his screen. Without any hesitation you take him into custody, as you are well aware of the danger of this plastic explosive. "I have heard everything you said about the semtex, so don't deny it!"

"What about the SAM techs? I'm UpperKEES and just creating a Creeper World map!"

"Yeah, yeah.... that's what they all say! Now where did you put the semtex?"
Download page:
Nice Job 14: The Squad Leader
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
10 emitters trying to kill you, 6 emitters trying to save you. You've never been so close to death as today. But hey, it's your job, so you can handle that. Right? Try to use all available space as efficient as possible; this will certainly help you finishing faster.
Description:
Finally, the last grave for today....

Your new job as a gravedigger is pretty tough as it involves a lot of hard work. You've just let the coffin down when you realize how little space you must have in such a small case.

At that moment a powerful gust pushes you forward. You fall down into the grave onto the coffin. When you look up you see nothing, but you hear a frightening dark voice saying:

"HAHAHA! You buried me alive, now you will experience the same thing! Die!"

Hmmm, better start digging again....
Download page:
Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 16: The Speleologist
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
The creeper may flow a little differently than expected at first glance. You will have enough space to start building, but how many techs and upgrades are you able to collect before you have to set up your defences?
Description:
Exploring caves has always been your passion. Now you're getting paid to study the biological life forms it even got better.

Today you've entered a cave with huge stalactites hanging down from the ceiling and enormous stalagmites raising up from the floor.

The cave doesn't seem to be very stable; big rocks might be falling down occasionally.

You wonder what kind of organisms you should expect here. Let's find out....
Download page:
Nice Job 16: The Speleologist
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
CW:US
  (An easy version of) this map has been selected for CW:User Space! Are you able to finish the hard edition as well?
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
Ever dreamt of making money by playing games? This is your chance! Don't worry if you're building with a slight deficit for a while; the few shots your blasters can fire should be enough to maintain your position. You might need a few restarts to get it all right. Recognize the map within this map?
Description:
Why didn't you think of that before? Gaming is what you like, so why not earn your money playing games all day?

So you paid $10 to subscribe for the OCWC (Open Creeper World Championships).
You can earn $10,000 by winning this tournament.

You went to bed early this time and you feel confident at the moment you take your seat between thousands of other gamers. You even recognize a few familiar faces from the photographs at the KnuckleCracker forums.

"Hey Spiffen! Good luck man!"

Then the CW screen appears and you can't believe your eyes....

"Oh no! Tucana once more!"

Who said making money is easy?
Download page:
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 18: The Chemist
Difficulty:
Medium
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
This map is probably on the edge between 'Medium' and 'Hard', but I've chosen for 'Medium' as you never have to engage the creeper in the parts where it's deep and intensive, which makes this map definitely easier than my hard rated maps. Put on your lab coat and enjoy!
Description:
When you arrive at your chemistry laboratory, you notice that your set up looks fine, but your formulas are all over the place.

Because this is your first day as a chemist you really need them. Fortunately your chemicals are still in their test tubes and the beaker.

Please use all chemicals, collect the formulas and light the Bunsen burner before you get killed in that Erlenmeyer flask!
Download page:
Nice Job 18: The Chemist
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 19: The Paleontologist
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
You'll have a rather easy start, but as the emitters increase slightly during the first 15 minutes you won't be able to just sit and wait. Can be played laid back though. Have some prehistoric fun!

Description:
For weeks you have been escavating the fossile remains of 5 prehistoric animals.

As an experienced paleontologist you realize how lucky you are to find so many different species at one site.

Finally you and your team are finished and all creatures seem to be perfectly intact:

- a Tyrannosaurus Rex
- a Pterodactylus
- a Stegosaurus
- an Apatosaurus (also known as Brontosaurus)
- a Trilobite

At the moment you take your camera to make some pictures, the animals turn out to be less fossilized than you expected....

Download page:
Nice Job 19: The Paleontologist
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 20: The Snake Charmer
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
Probably between 'Hard' and 'Expert Only', but definitely harder than my other hard rated maps. All emitters can be capped, only the snake eyes will free themselves after a while. Do you dare to go in between or rather play it save and go around?

Description:
Because you needed even more excitement than you experienced during your previous jobs, you applied for the vacancy of snake charmer.

"Show me what you've got!", says the owner of a Thai snake farm.
"Are you ready to show your skills?"

Before you can answer him he shows you a room with some giant snakes.
When you take your magic flute out of your bag the door is closed behind you.

Two eyes stare at you....

"Sssssshhhhhh!"

Download page:
Nice Job 20: The Snake Charmer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 21: The Diver
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
All techs available from the start, plenty of space to build, six upgrades, no spores, each emitter can be capped by just one blaster and no emitters near (a moveable) Odin City. Easy? No, Hard. Keep breathing!

Description:
You hear on your marine radio that a sailing yacht has sunk close to your location. The ship has broken in two parts and has become a wreck.

Valuable goods are scattered around on the ocean bed. Wreck diving is your specialty, so you decide to give it a shot.

Enjoy your dive! I hope you'll have enough oxygen to make it all the way down....

Download page:
Nice Job 21: The Diver
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 22: The Artist
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
I don't expect many scores for this map, as only the true masters of the game will be able to finish it. Again no tricks required, but you might want to have a look at the comments for some tips (as I don't have enough room here). Enjoy!

Description:
You are a special kind of artist, as you love the combination of math, geometrical shapes and art.

You're inspired by your great example: Maurits Cornelis Escher.  This famous Dutch artist is well known for his repetitive patterns and impossible 3D images that deceive the human eye.

Looking at one of his bird creations you get the impression these birds are looking back at you....

This time Escher isn't fooling you! Better get ready for the toughest battle you've ever played!

(See the comments page at the KnuckleCracker.com forums for hints how to solve this one if you like.)

Download page:
Nice Job 22: The Artist
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 23: The Train Driver
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
My last geographical map in the Nice Job series. You'll have to figured out how to accomplish a save initial position. Every lake, sea and ocean will start filling up after 1 second, except for the tiny lake in the heart of China which will start after 1 minute to give you some extra time.

Description:
Why not the longest railway in the world? This is what you asked yourself when you applied for a job as train driver on the Trans-Siberian Express.

The Russian railway actually consists out of 5 main lines:
- Trans-Siberian line (northern route to Vladivostok)
- Ural line (southern route to Vladivostok)
- Baikal Amur line (a strategic alternative to the Trans-Siberian line)
- Trans-Mongolian line (via Mongolia to Beijing)
- Trans-Manchurian line (via Manchuria to Beijing)

Please make sure each line makes a stopover at the desired locations. These include historic places like: Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Perm, Omsk, Tomsk, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and Ulanbator.

Unfortunately the drone tech got stuck in the permafrost of northern Siberia, so it will take some effort to obtain it.

Download page:
Nice Job 23: The Train Driver
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 24: The Astronomer
Difficulty:
Medium
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
Probably the easiest map in the Nice Job series. All techs available from the start, a lot of space to build your structures and enough time to prepare yourself. Better use it well, because the existence of our entire solar system is at stake!

Description:
On a warm summer evening in 2061 you take your state-of-the-art telescope to study the return of the comet Halley.

When you were a kid and first saw this comet by the naked eye in 1986, you decided to become an astronomer. And so you did; you even became world's most famous astrophysicist, advising many influential world leaders.

Finally you will be able to see this phenomenon again. With your mini Hubble telescope you are able to observe our solar system by daylight.

While searching the sky you suddenly notice something odd: what is happening to the sun? It seems to be growing! Is the end of the world coming sooner than expected?

You quickly call the international space station to warn them for this dangerous threat. Hopefully they will be able to do something about it....

Download page:
Nice Job 24: The Astronomer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Title:
Nice Job 25: The Developer
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
The last map in the Nice Job series and dedicated to a developer we all know: Virgil Wall.

Ever considered creating your own game? This map will take you through the six phases of the software development life cycle.

Probably the nicest job in the (creeper) world, but also one of the hardest.

Description:
*** This map is dedicated to Virgil Wall, the one and only developer of Creeper World and a very nice person. Many thanks for creating such a unique and great game! ***

After attempting 24 jobs you give it one more try. Because you always loved gaming, but weren't able to make money out of this (see NJ-17: The Gamer), you decided to become a developer of computer games.

However developing games is not just coding and creating nice graphics. You'll have to go through the complete development life cycle. This map will show you how it works.

You will have to go through the following phases:
1. Analysis
2. Design
3. Implementation
4. Testing
5. Deployment
6. Maintenance

During each phase you will have to think about your customers/users/players. If you don't, your project is doomed. Also don't forget it's a development life cycle; when not executed correctly you're back at square one. Now, let's make a game!

Download page:
Nice Job 25: The Developer
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

Haven't had enough yet? Try my Hard Art series as well! 8)

The smoking revolver

There is always a I in team

Sqaz

Why did you place that message so far away? I hate it when you've obviously won a map and then still have to fight a long way.

But for the rest I liked the map, it's like you said easy but still offers a challenge. Also I like the accurate map of the Netherlands, but it seems like you've already drawn Easters and Western Flevoland who were only created in 1957 and 1968, while the date of the flood was 1953.

EDIT: Forget about the Flevoland thingies, didn't read the description right.

SPIFFEN

Hmm im not abel to downloade the gamemap =(
And if i think that if i change the name ,
the score woundt get posted .

Plz make an link that works as its suppose to .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on April 01, 2010, 04:35:07 PM
Why did you place that message so far away? I hate it when you've obviously won a map and then still have to fight a long way.

Because our Queen tends to flee abroad in case of danger.... ;) I could have placed a totem there, but usually (old type) windmills are not located in the ocean. Getting the message is part of the job.

PS: I like it that you know some Dutch history! :)

Quote from: SPIFFEN on April 01, 2010, 04:57:32 PM

Not sure what's going wrong there. I just downloaded it myself and it seems to work fine.

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on April 01, 2010, 04:57:32 PM
And if i think that if i change the name ,
the score woundt get posted .

Plz make an link that works as its suppose to .

I do believe that changing the external file name will not have an impact on the map's UID. So feel free to rename it to something that wil not bomb out on your computer.

PS. What OS are you running?

UpperKEES

I just finished the map myself (in the 2nd attempt :P) and was able to post a score.

I noticed the hyphen '-' in the file name was replaced after uploading by an underscore '_', but normally that shouldn't cause any trouble. I will prevent this anyway with future maps.

SPIFFEN

I have Vista .

I manage to downloade the map after i change the name ,
i give it an try now to see if i manage to post an score .

And it would be nice if you had the same name for your map ,
the name of the map is different from what you see here and there =P
( If you understand what i mean )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

UpperKEES

I use Vista as well, so you should be fine.

The names I use are actually the same, but I am limited in the number of characters I can use. Because of this I have to shorten the internal name to "NJ-1: The Engineer". All future maps will have this prefix, so they'll group nicely together when you sort on 'map title' in the custom map screen of CW.

SPIFFEN

Then use that as the map name for the map and the file plz ,
maybe skip the : if that might mess it up .

Then use the full name in the description ,
if you cant manage to make the name short enought .
How to make links

UpperKEES

Like I said, there is no colon ':' in the file name. A colon in the internal title is no problem; many other maps use that. Others have no problem playing this map.

Future titles will be shorter anyway (as you might have seen), so names won't be different.

SPIFFEN

Hmm then i guess i have something on my computer that mess this up =P

Because this is what i see : Nice Job 1: The Hydraulic Engineer

And after i deleted it in my downloade , ( i used : save as )
i manage to downloade it to the game ( and my computer ) .

But the name in the game has :
there its called : NJ-1: The Engineer

So i dont know why it does'nt work for me ,
maybe it because im from Norway =P
( Or because im SPIFFEN =D )
How to make links