Custom Map Video Series

Started by Mare, July 30, 2010, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVS

Quote from: Fisherck on September 04, 2010, 02:56:32 PM
Hey! Me too. :D

EDIT: Sorry, understood. :) No more nonsense...
me three!
Hey hey hey, if u click on the link below good things will happen for me (and maybe you too but who cares anyway) So click on it!

(^^^) shark

http://www.omgpop.com/?r=zpfy

Mare

Quote from: Michionlion on September 02, 2010, 02:07:11 PM
The War, Part 1: The Search for Energy.

Here ya go:

It was fun honestly, your style of map making is very good and interesting in my opinion.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Sqaz

It was fun to watch you finish this map, as you did it completely different than I, I for example never lost the last base. And I never knew the survivors were safe for such a long time.

Mare

Quote from: Sqaz on September 05, 2010, 01:16:25 PM
It was fun to watch you finish this map, as you did it completely different than I, I for example never lost the last base. And I never knew the survivors were safe for such a long time.
I waited it out because I found out that the survivors were on one level higher elevation then the creeper which gave me a lot of time to get to them.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Mare

November 14, 2352:

Karsten75 said that one was hard, but it was very easy to do for me.

February 29, 2800:

Flat plain, Hard to spread but stay confined and well defended and you can turn the conditions around.

More Will be coming soon.

Michionlion

Quote from: Mare on September 05, 2010, 11:37:09 AM
Quote from: Michionlion on September 02, 2010, 02:07:11 PM
The War, Part 1: The Search for Energy.

Here ya go:

It was fun honestly, your style of map making is very good and interesting in my opinion.

Thanks for both
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Mare

Map: Waterfall
Author: GorgonVonSchlichenbacher

Walkthrough:

Its good, but if you really want a challenge then try double down and try not to capture that ground by placing a blaster there.

Sqaz

Quote from: Mare on September 11, 2010, 08:21:12 PM
Map: Waterfall
Author: GorgonVonSchlichenbacher

Walkthrough:

Its good, but if you really want a challenge then try double down and try not to capture that ground by placing a blaster there.

Is it me or do you like taking the hardest way to beat a map  ;D, you can easily move OC to the right crazonium walled part and build up without having any problems with the creeper.
But it's your walkthrough, I'm just saying this in case you didn't knew that, and as I said earlier I love seeing people finishing maps in an other way than I.

Oh by the way, could you make a walkthrough for one of my maps? Of all maps I made I like the Italy map the most, could you do that one?

thepenguin

any chance you could do one (or more ;D) of my states?
We have become the creeper...

Mare

Of course!! I will do as many maps as I can, And yes, For me if you take the hardest way to beat a map, It feels as if you have accomplished something. Easy wins are just too hollow and not satisfying enough.

GVS

Quote from: Mare on September 12, 2010, 09:11:31 PM
Of course!! I will do as many maps as I can, And yes, For me if you take the hardest way to beat a map, It feels as if you have accomplished something. Easy wins are just too hollow and not satisfying enough.
I know its so unsatisfying
Hey hey hey, if u click on the link below good things will happen for me (and maybe you too but who cares anyway) So click on it!

(^^^) shark

UpperKEES

Just play harder maps! I know a few.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

GVS

ok this has been bugging me long enough, why are some ppl full members others senior member and newbies and then squaz is a 'hero member' i know what beta is but why the rankings?and what's with the stars?

(^^^) shark

Karsten75

Quote from: GorgonVonSchlichenbacher on September 12, 2010, 11:11:08 PM
ok this has been bugging me long enough, why are some ppl full members others senior member and newbies and then squaz is a 'hero member' i know what beta is but why the rankings?and what's with the stars?

SMF (the forum software) has an imperfect system of escalating rank the more one posts - unless one has been assigned into a group like beta(fish). This encourages newbies to spam and play forum games, just to get their post count up so they can become hero members.  The stars are tied to the rank of a member, so is equally useless.

UpperKEES

See here for an overview of these rankings, but please realize it means nothing, like Karsten already indicated. It's what you post that counts!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview