Custom Map Video Series

Started by Mare, July 30, 2010, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mare

After My walkthrough of the game was done, I still have a lot of time on my hands, so I thought, Why not make a custom map video series instead?
I am calling out all authors on this, I will do any map as long as it does not interfere with the following rules:

1. No maze maps or maps that uses walls to consume time, I hate that. I will be happy to do maps that uses walls creatively.
2. NO TRIVIAL LEVEL MAPS, unless someone has played it and told me how difficult it really is, I will not do Trivial maps. Take note that I may do a Trivial map just for an easy battle after I did a hardcore battle and am/might be frustrated to relax myself.
3. No maps that have a massive supply of some building in one square of the map, or spread out, I like maps that let me build what I want to build instead of using what is there. However ,if its a good map, I can make an exception and choose to use what is there, depends on the map people request.
4. If I cannot complete a map ( which I hope will not happen), I will make a post on this topic and point out all my reviews here.
5. In addition to maps requested by player, I will also make videos of maps that I chose personally, so don't worry about maps that I made videos about without request by a player, I will point it out when I post the video.
6. Don't worry about copyright or any of that, I will promise to point out who made the map and the name of the map.
7. Anyone else can also post videos of their walkthroughs here, just make sure to give a correct address for the video, Comments or reviews on a video is optional.
8. Take note that I am only human and can do only a certain amount of maps in a certain amount of time. If I don't get to your map, I will either tell you that I ignored it because I don't like it, or am too busy with playing other maps in order to get to it, so just wait for a response from me, okay?
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

F0R

Feel free to use some of my terrain maps. They are always fun

mthw2vc

Quote from: Mare on July 30, 2010, 07:40:29 PM
3. No maps that have a massive supply of some building in one square of the map, or spread out, I like maps that let me build what I want to build instead of using what is there.
Then I suppose you won't be using my early maps. Feel free to make one of the fleet series (All listed under F0R) thus far. They're nice, fun maps. (Plus, you already know how to beat fleet 5) Alternatively, if you want a harder map, you can try my own delta map.

Mare

Map: Funneled
Author: Fisherck

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2744&page=

Personal Rating: 4.5
Personal Difficulty: Medium, takes a lot of time to build up, but fun nevertheless.
Personal thoughts: At first I was like, what, the Creeper here is weak, then I saw how fast it built up....then got scared a little. I had to restart 5 times to get to know where to place the first mortar that way I don't get owned by the Creeper, Really hard to get past the beginning on the island you are on. You have to position that mortar correctly if you want Odin City to survive. Its a pretty good map honestly, Add some spores and change the terrain a little to make it fair for the player and you got a really good expert only map. Its good for those who like a long, difficult, but fun fight. After you get past the beginning, there are many ways to try to counter attack the Creeper, you could send in a team of blasters to cap it off temporarily while building collectors, or try the safe way and mortar juggle to clear out the pools and let it continue firing until the pool clears. Any way you do it, its a good map to play, Good job on this!!

Video Walkthrough:

Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Fisherck

Quote from: Mare on July 30, 2010, 10:55:12 PM

Personal Difficulty: Medium, takes a lot of time to build up, but fun nevertheless.
Personal thoughts: At first I was like, what, the Creeper here is weak, then I saw how fast it built up....then got scared a little. I had to restart 5 times to get to know where to place the first mortar that way I don't get owned by the Creeper, Really hard to get past the beginning on the island you are on. You have to position that mortar correctly if you want Odin City to survive. Its a pretty good map honestly, Add some spores and change the terrain a little to make it fair for the player and you got a really good expert only map. Its good for those who like a long, difficult, but fun fight. After you get past the beginning, there are many ways to try to counter attack the Creeper, you could send in a team of blasters to cap it off temporarily while building collectors, or try the safe way and mortar juggle to clear out the pools and let it continue firing until the pool clears. Any way you do it, its a good map to play, Good job on this!!

Video Walkthrough:

Thanks for the good review! After watching the video, it is interesting to see how everyone plays a map differently. I did not origonally intend it to be possible to do that :P. Your starting strategy was to quickly branch out and build as many collectors as you can. My strategy was to stay on that little island, while juggling building reactors and mortars. I built a relay early so when I was ready I could branch out. I stayed on the little island for a little more than three minutes.

When I started testing, the begginning was probaly experts only because the Creeper was stronger and you had so little time to build. But the gameplay was lopsided, after that it was much easier than experts only. That is why I made it weaker in the begginning and increased it at three minutes to keep you on your toes. ;D

Glad you enjoyed it.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Mare

Quote from: Fisherck on July 31, 2010, 10:05:02 AM
Quote from: Mare on July 30, 2010, 10:55:12 PM

Video Walkthrough:

Thanks for the good review! After watching the video, it is interesting to see how everyone plays a map differently. I did not origonally intend it to be possible to do that :P. Your starting strategy was to quickly branch out and build as many collectors as you can. My strategy was to stay on that little island, while juggling building reactors and mortars. I built a relay early so when I was ready I could branch out. I stayed on the little island for a little more than three minutes.

When I started testing, the begginning was probaly experts only because the Creeper was stronger and you had so little time to build. But the gameplay was lopsided, after that it was much easier than experts only. That is why I made it weaker in the begginning and increased it at three minutes to keep you on your toes. ;D

Glad you enjoyed it.

Your Welcome!! and Thanks!!

Mare

Map: Hard Art 3- Color Planes
Author: UpperKEES

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2739&page=

Personal Rating: 4.4
Personal Difficulty:Medium
Personal Thoughts:.....how to put this........time consuming....but fun fighting the Creeper. On this map, you start out on a single "Square" and in order to win you must capture (cap the emitters) another square until you have access to the totems without a building being destroyed. It was fun but I was saddened with the fact that in game time it took 33 mins, and in real time, ONE HOUR. Good map for a long but interesting fight, each square you capture does something to the other squares around it, either making the square empty with nothing or fill up faster with Creeper, nevertheless, fun. I like how the "second type" of Emitter was implemented into the game's system, where you place an emitter but then place a wall right below it in order to cap it off, if the wall dissolves, the emitter will emit...in other words, Your screwed. However when I played I never noticed if the capped emitters activated or not, I just ignored all non-emitting emitters and capped the ones that seemed like an actual threat to me. The most annoying part....most likely the fact that there were many emitters all over the map, capping each one costed more units then I expected and, surprisingly, less energy then I expected. One question I asked myself after I was finished......HOW THE HELL DID EVERYONE GET BETTER SCORES THEN ME!??!?!?!. When I looked at the score board, I was saddened to see many people above me and some below, I thought to myself, "Ah Who cares about a score, when you have fun with a game, no one cares about the points you get. Also, it was an ingenious way to make a capped emitter because the mortars I had kept firing at it instead of the place I wanted it to fire at. Upperkees made a good map, enjoyable for a self-satisfying victory after completion.

Video Walkthrough:

Mare

Map: Nitron
Author: FOR

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2746&page=

Personal Rating: 4
Personal Difficulty:Easy, Maybe trivial
Personal Thoughts: This is a fun map that is good for people who like an easy, relaxing battle. It is far from challenging, unless on Double Down, but very fun. I had a nice time figuring out how the creeper would recede back into its pools and how it advances further. I especially loved the pools that were in the map, nice mixture of a living threat combined with an easy-to-kill enemy. If you want a fun battle, try it normally, if you want a slight challenge, try it on Double Down. A good map made by a certain FOR we know.

Video Walkthrough:

Mare

Map: mthw2vc's Delta
Author: mthw2vc

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2630

Personal Rating: 5
Personal Difficulty: Expert
Personal Thoughts: This map is definitely a good map in my book, it makes you think, A LOT. Delta was so difficult that I actually had to ask the author for help on this map, some thing I thought I wouldn't do. Its very challenging and requires a lot of patience, especially for newbie players who just got introduced to Creeper World. This was, by far, the hardest, most difficult map I have Played yet. Its very good for people who love a challenge in a game and oh boy, trust me it is challenging. Difficult, fun, interesting fight, and the fact I could not cap the emitters, Definitely a good map to play, and if you aren't good at this game yet, don't play this map, you will only be frustrated with it like I ONCE was. The author took so much time to fine tune everything that it was set up to be perfect, I know I may make it look easy, but trust me its not as easy as you think.

Video Walkthrough: 

Mare

Map: Dante's Inferno
Author: MadMag

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2727&page=

Personal Difficulty: Medium, maybe easy.
Personal Thoughts: Fun, another relaxing battle featuring an overlook of hell, BTW Satan is not that powerful. As you can see I Owned him with little effort. This battle is fun, especially clearing out all the pools of Creeper. I love how the graphics on this map is better then most, the author did a really nice job with making the custom image and making the terrain.

Video Walkthrough:

Mare

I don't think I clarified this when I started this thread....YOU CAN POST!!! You won't be in trouble or anything, I am just wondering why there are so many views on this thread but no posts.

Fisherck

It is funny to watch a map that is fast forwarded. :P
Do you pause when you play these maps?
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

ontheworld

he does, visible in the first map

ontheworld

Mare

Quote from: Fisherck on August 02, 2010, 09:40:47 AM
It is funny to watch a map that is fast forwarded. :P
Do you pause when you play these maps?

Yes, I do, however with the fast forward, I don't think you can see it easily.

Quote from: ontheworld on August 02, 2010, 10:53:43 AM
Devil's Den by Apocalypstic

I will do that map after I am done with SPIFFEN's