Custom Map Video Series

Started by Mare, July 30, 2010, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

Maybe someone could make an video of :

SPIFFENs Lavalamp

Seems like alot of players need to learn how to finnish an map like this =P
And an video would work better than my posted pictures =)

( The video only have to show how to do it )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

ontheworld

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on September 27, 2010, 11:35:49 AM
Maybe someone could make an video of :

< snip>

Seems like alot of players need to learn how to finnish an map like this =P
And an video would work better than my posted pictures =)

( The video only have to show how to do it )

Seems like alot(sic) of map makers need to learn how to make videos, regardless of whether thy are Finnish, Norwegian or Danish. :P

Mare

Hmm..Okay, I have enough time to do that map, The reason I have not been uploading a lot lately is because of homework from school and I have been playing lots o Chronom maps.

Also, If you guys really want to, I can give you the link to the site that has the recorder I use, Its free and Virgil himself recommended it to me.

Just message me and I will give it to you.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

SPIFFEN

He he i have an recorder called BB FlashBack Express 2 ,
But i havent learned how to use it properly =P
I had trouble when the video was longer than 10 min to figure out how to double the speed ,
but now the game has it , so i might manage it now .
But you folks are better at it , so why should i mess it up =P

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

ontheworld

i just need a good editing program, but i can't find any (free) that speed stuff up >.<

SPIFFEN

Quote from: ontheworld on September 28, 2010, 09:09:26 AM
i just need a good editing program, but i can't find any (free) that speed stuff up >.<
You know that the game has double speed now ?
You can use the arrow keys up and down to change the game speed .
Up is speed X2 and down is normal speed .
How to make links

Echo51

Windows movie maker, otherwise most convertere allow speed altering
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on September 28, 2010, 05:09:00 AM
He he i have an recorder called BB FlashBack Express 2 ,
But i havent learned how to use it properly =P
I had trouble when the video was longer than 10 min to figure out how to double the speed ,
but now the game has it , so i might manage it now .
But you folks are better at it , so why should i mess it up =P

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

Try using CamStudio - which I use. I found it easier than BB Flashback.

In CamStudio you can set two parameters that control playback speed.

One is the frame capture rate - it tells the s/w the interval between frame captures. For normal movie speed this would be 24, for CW, it would be 36, but I set it to 2 or 3 per second.

Then adjust the playback rate to specify how many frames per second. If you have a 1-1 match with the capture rate, it is normal speed, but choose 25 frames and since I have captured only 3 per second, the movie speeds up a lot.

It is easy to experiment with the two parameters until you get what you want.

Oh, and BTW, I set my time while recording the game, but I'm not posting the video, there's a glitch in it.

ontheworld

Here you go, gotta slow down the speed in the future:

Karsten75

Quote from: ontheworld on September 28, 2010, 04:04:06 PM
Here you go, gotta slow down the speed in the future:

Never understood why people overbuild on energy storage units.

Mare

Nice Job Making a walkthrough!!! Now I can be lazy and Go play more Chronom maps, Thank you!! Remember, you can always add your walkthrough on this thread at any given time.(No Offense SPIFFEN, He just took some work off of my hands so I am thanking him, thats all.)

Also, Here is an editing program, I use it all the time.

http://www.soft82.com/download/Windows/Windows_Movie_Maker

Its free and Can help with a lot of video editing, You can make videos, with or without sound or you can delete the music in the game and replace it with music that you want to play, I do that sometimes....It depends on the mood I am in.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

ontheworld

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2010, 06:49:42 PM

because i can =P. Really just because the other time i had to start from the beginning because of too much deficit when the drones recharged...

Karsten75

Quote from: ontheworld on September 29, 2010, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2010, 06:49:42 PM

because i can =P. Really just because the other time i had to start from the beginning because of too much deficit when the drones recharged...

Meh. Here's the one I made. I forgot I was recording it and switched to my browser. :( 

ontheworld

mmmh... just using mortars would make me improve a lot here..