Code Maps Hard/Fun/Special

Started by MadMag, June 15, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Large/Any

Was fun experimental map mainly cause of a chamber that spans almost the whole map.

Katra

mudhole large/high Has a large chamber across entire width near top; with a field that changes direction every 2 seconds.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

CreeperAddict

Quote from: crazyone76 on June 16, 2011, 03:00:37 PM
day red to large/high

kudos to the one that beats this one

Spoiler
[close]

I has a Dark gun...  :P

Katra

fall down large/high  5.14G up left, with emitter and gateway open to surface. The open chamber has a fairly fast field. I think it's beatable; but I haven't yet had time to find the winning strategy.

edit: I beat it. You have the choice of starting at left side under the (initially intermittent) waterfall of creeper or the right with very little building space. I went left.

MadMag

Katra

Now I see what happened. I accidentally put 2 spaces between fall and down.

CreeperAddict

party the of 70% of the map is vacant space...

Grauniad

Somewhere someone mentioned the map C++ medium/high. I've been trying this map for a few days now. I'm always *this* close, but then I get beat. Anyone else had any success? It is those 12 drones at 39 second intervals that seems to best me.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on July 20, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
Somewhere someone mentioned the map C++ medium/high. I've been trying this map for a few days now. I'm always *this* close, but then I get beat. Anyone else had any success? It is those 12 drones at 39 second intervals that seems to best me.

It is not too difficult if you can grab both the red and silver gem. You put up two shields to grab the silver gem, and you could probably even get a shield right next to the emitter in the beginning if you so desired. Actually, I just checked, and you can. ;)

Also, I think you meant phantoms, not drones. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grauniad

Quote from: Fisherck on July 20, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
It is not too difficult if you can grab both the red and silver gem. You put up two shields to grab the silver gem, and you could probably even get a shield right next to the emitter in the beginning if you so desired. Actually, I just checked, and you can. ;)

Crud. :(  I tried for the red and green gems, never considered the silver gem.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on July 20, 2011, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: Fisherck on July 20, 2011, 08:47:40 PM

Crud. :(  I tried for the red and green gems, never considered the silver gem.
Always try the impossible. Most of the time it isn't... ;)

Quote from: CreeperAddict on July 19, 2011, 03:21:36 PM
party the of 70% of the map is vacant space...
That is a very strange map. I have never seen one like it, and what little land there is is strangly blocky. Hmmm....
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

mthw2vc

It's most likely caused by that map's seed value causing the pseudorandom number generator used to construct the terrain to output values that are anything but "random." I've seen a few other maps that showed repetitive patterns in the terrain that could likely be attributed to that effect.

Flameo326

hey i just noticed but is party the of even possible because of beacon range right now im on it and im not sure if i can beat from range     

nevermind just beat it heres how
Spoiler
you have to put the liberation ship down in the hole to beat it for beacon range cant reach it
[close]
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

mthw2vc

You could always just fly the LS down there ;)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mthw2vc on July 20, 2011, 11:10:39 PM
You could always just fly the LS down there ;)
I already told him that in chat. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!