Code Maps Hard/Fun/Special

Started by MadMag, June 15, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flameo326

i just edited it in in the spoiler
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

MadMag

one big once large/high (9 connected emitters (all), 3 surface emitters, 2 gateways with strong drones, phantom count 12) Fun :)

Grauniad

Quote from: Fisherck on July 20, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
It is not too difficult if you can grab both the red and silver gem. You put up two shields to grab the silver gem, and you could probably even get a shield right next to the emitter in the beginning if you so desired. Actually, I just checked, and you can. ;)

Finally. I lost count of how many times I had to restart this map.  My energy management sucks.

I learnt a lot about split-second-timing, pausing and saving - although, by the time I saved the game frequently enough, I only needed one restart from a saved game file. :(
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

BoostBreed75

Quote from: Fisherck on July 20, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on July 20, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
Somewhere someone mentioned the map C++ medium/high. I've been trying this map for a few days now. I'm always *this* close, but then I get beat. Anyone else had any success? It is those 12 drones at 39 second intervals that seems to best me.

It is not too difficult if you can grab both the red and silver gem. You put up two shields to grab the silver gem, and you could probably even get a shield right next to the emitter in the beginning if you so desired. Actually, I just checked, and you can. ;)

Also, I think you meant phantoms, not drones. :)

How do you get a shield next to the emitter in under 12 seconds I tried excavating to it but by the time a path is opened the creeper comes out just too far to get a shield in place. Immediately after the map begins the creeper is dense enough to be on the other side of the emitter where as in your screenshot it is only on the left side.

Fisherck

Quote from: BoostBreed75 on July 23, 2011, 03:21:10 PM
How do you get a shield next to the emitter in under 12 seconds I tried excavating to it but by the time a path is opened the creeper comes out just too far to get a shield in place. Immediately after the map begins the creeper is dense enough to be on the other side of the emitter where as in your screenshot it is only on the left side.

I did not have any problems. I was able to build the shield by 13, and the fields don't move until 17. I don't know why yours would be any different... ???
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

BoostBreed75

Well I was able to overcome the emitter from the left with repulsors and a blaster but I am still curious as to why on mine my emitter has one extra subcell of creeper lol. Oh well guess we'll never know. Thanks for the quick response.

cclloyd9785

January 1st, 19 large/high

Not too hard, and you have a sense of urgency because theres ground that breaks releasing 12/12 drones, and then eventually all connects into one big chamber.  (Also much more ground to break on the right releasing the main chamber).

Colin

This map Spartan Large/High was very interesting, I had to restart a couple times because the pocket of drones kept overwhelming me.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEM.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

mpete

6925any/high
first time i have seen crossing fields.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Grauniad

Just a weird layout:

1538   medium/medium
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

mpete

ring box one any/any

seems like party the of
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Kithros

snow from for medium/high

Extremely hard non-experimental map - mostly because of the ridiculous shortage of build space. If I knew what I was doing ahead of time I could vastly improve my time, but there's decaying terrain almost everywhere along with an extremely annoying field that rotates quickly and covers almost the entire map along with 2 gateways both spawning high health drones.

EDIT: Found a *much* faster way to go about this map - it's extremely obscure though and involves LS drone evasion for long periods of time.
Spoiler
[close]

Eric

Quote from: Grauniad on July 28, 2011, 03:06:13 PM
Just a weird layout:

1538   medium/medium

"jump a tree" is too

Akirasip

12 21 2012  Large/High

Not very hard, but kinda funny when 'titan creeper emmiters' connects to each other. Making large amounts of creeper with their power 'combined'. Not so often can see that  :) .

MadMag

ibuxparacetibuxparacetibuxparacetibuxpar large/high (nice layout)