Is CARBAR the new SPIFFEN?

Started by Karsten75, July 26, 2010, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: MadMag on August 31, 2010, 02:44:35 PM
Nice to see the steady upload of new maps, I think this importain feature will fade away with CW2.. Nothing funny with making layers of dirt :p

Who said it had to be funny?

and that's a gross exageration.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

MadMag

Offcourse, we will have to see how the game works, but I don't think custom maps from side view has the same facilities as the ones from CW1 with top view.

SPIFFEN

We have to wait and see how it is , if it doesnt work as we like it to work ,
we still have cw1 =)
I havent payed much attention to the progress to CW2 ,
but im sure it will be an nice game .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: SPIFFEN on August 31, 2010, 03:05:33 PM
We have to wait and see how it is , if it doesnt work as we like it to work ,
we still have cw1 =)

That is true we will have CW1. Im fully expecting it to work the same way. As we can agree we will have to play a few maps and then ideas will start coming to design your own maps. I couldnt have made a map for CW1 untill I played it.

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread.

Karsten75

Quote from: MadMag on August 31, 2010, 02:49:38 PM
But how will you build thoose maps? cave system after cave system? or laaaarge skyscrapers? remember it is not from top view anymore. (sorry for the off-topic)

It would really have been useful if this discussion was NOT OT in a different thread. :(

I also expressed concern to Virgil, but with suitable options in the map editor to modify terrain colors, etc, one might be able to think of it as a horizontal surface with some restrictions on creeper flow.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see, I'm not about to declare the war lost before the battle commences. :P

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 31, 2010, 03:31:27 PM
It would really have been useful if this discussion was NOT OT in a different thread. :(

My sincerest apologies K75 :(

Michionlion

why don't we start a thread for this discussion?
i'm sure there is lots more stuff that people want to say about this.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

I started a new thread for this.
Its Here
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

oh well didn't see you there pyxis
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

should we delete one?
their both slightly diferant
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

I already have a response to mine so if you can delete yours that would be great.

Michionlion

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

I have great news! :)

This forum has a PM (Personal Message) system built in. And even better: it's for FREE! ;D (Yeah, we Dutch people love free things.... ;))
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!