Is CARBAR the new SPIFFEN?

Started by Karsten75, July 26, 2010, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

While SPIFFEN has "matured" and moved away from the big geometric shapes that was his early trademark it seems the vacuum has not remained, CARBAR seems to produce maps that are remarkably similar in large, geometric layouts.  Both also seem to believe that "trivial" is the appropriate map classification for all their maps.

Edited to correct typo.

SPIFFEN

He he , then i might have inspired atleast one to make maps  ;D

And you have been here long enought to know why my maps are set as trivial  :P

Edit :
I forgot to say : There is only 1 SPIFFEN   ;)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

ontheworld

well, SPIFFEN made different maps, and as far as i can see, CARBAR just takes one basic layout, then makes 3/4 different heights/walls etc. with it

Krell

agreed, there will never truly be another Spiff

F0R

I thought i was the terrain version of SPIFFEN

J

CARBAR mis somehing... SPIFFEN's first map is marked hard

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Jstudio on July 28, 2010, 07:27:29 AM
CARBAR mis somehing... SPIFFEN's first map is marked hard
I did'nt know better =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

F0R

hes not symmetrical so i refuse to play those maps

Echo51

Truly he aint, his castle one wasent atleast D:
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

SPIFFEN

CARBAR is spanish , i think , so exuse him from being short on the english =P
But it looks like he has changed them more now ( the maps ) , so dont mess up for him .
He's doing great , and has no one to discuss with , as far as i know .
So short comments to his maps will be nice =)
How to make links

MadMag

Nice to see the steady upload of new maps, I think this importain feature will fade away with CW2.. Nothing funny with making layers of dirt :p

Not so much replay value as CW1 and thats a shame.

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: MadMag on August 31, 2010, 02:44:35 PM
Nice to see the steady upload of new maps, I think this importain feature will fade away with CW2.. Nothing funny with making layers of dirt :p

Not so much replay value as CW1 and thats a shame.

I dont think it will go away. I have only made a few maps but I fully intend to make more for CW1 and I will definitley try my hand at CW2 maps.

MadMag

But how will you build thoose maps? cave system after cave system? or laaaarge skyscrapers? remember it is not from top view anymore. (sorry for the off-topic)

Michionlion

well let me just say this:
we don't know a whole lot about CW2.  I mean Vigil thinks the costem maps are great.  He made the first one himself (Building Blocks).  Why do you think we, in CW2, can't make costem maps?  I think he liked the CW1 costem maps, and he will do something similer with Creeper World 2.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

Yeah I dont think it will go away at all. We will just have to wait and see how CW2 works and then go from there. I cant make a map for a game I havent played. We will need to see the mechanics first then go from there.