special ops problems

Started by jem, January 24, 2010, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jem

i played them like a 100 times. but i can't reach: gump, mouse shadow and kc! can anyone help me?
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Karsten75

I think if you search here you may find some. I know I posted a few pics on Gump after I finally beat it.

Kamron3

Easy! Easy! Easy! I don't know how people can't beat these levels...

_k

Aurzel

because they're newbs not pros like us

Kamron3

Doesn't take a pro to play the game.

_k

Aurzel

takes a pro to play the game well though :P

Kamron3

UpperKEES

Has anybody managed to finish Gump in Double Down mode?  ???

None of the story and conquest maps have been a problem in DD-mode (I actually was quicker on most maps with the experience I gained), but I've tried about 10 different approaches on Gump (including suggestions I've read here for normal mode) and not one of them worked out for me.

Any help is appreciated!  :) (Or is not every map possible in Double Down mode?)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kriegsking

Quote from: Kamron3 on January 24, 2010, 01:41:30 PM
Easy! Easy! Easy! I don't know how people can't beat these levels...

_k

I haven't played the full version (just played the addicting game v. - I can/only do beat all of it with just blasters), but the game mechanics are very simple, just build enough blasters to hold the creep off (1.5 per creep err creeper?) and then build up & advance. :\ So I agree with you in a sense lol. Which is why I'm wondering if its worth 10 bucks to play what I've already played & mastered. >_>

TheBuilder

the special ops missions are just 10 out of the total 55 missions u get with the full game, plus the map editor is free, and there are already almost 400 custom maps that can be downloaded, so here $10 goes a long way.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Alwego

Quote from: UpperKEES on January 28, 2010, 01:32:51 PM
Has anybody managed to finish Gump in Double Down mode?  ???

It's possible :P

I was trying and.... And I not lose :P But time to go sleep :P

UpperKEES

So what do I start with? I've tried:

Energy:
- 2, 3 or 4 collectors
- 2 collectors and 1 reactor

Weapons:
- 2 or 3 blasters
- 1 blaster and 1 drone (on mouth or right eye; it never came to a second flight)
- 1 blaster and 1 mortar (drop between the eyes for a few shots like Virgil suggested)
- 2 drones

It all didn't work out for me in Double Down mode.
Because I've never seen a video or screenshot I wonder if it's possible to finish this one....

Quote from: Kriegsking on January 28, 2010, 03:47:53 PM
I haven't played the full version (just played the addicting game v. - I can/only do beat all of it with just blasters) [...] Which is why I'm wondering if its worth 10 bucks to play what I've already played & mastered.

I would highly recommend you to buy to full version (for about 7 euro's including VAT). The 55 levels TheBuilder mentions are much more challenging than the ones from the Demo version or the Online Simulator. I'm sure you won't be able to finish all of them with only blasters or the same strategy. Besides this you get Double Down mode af finishing, which makes it twice as hard. I'm still having problems with one as you can see.... ;) It's probably the best strategy game I've ever played (and I played a lot).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Alwego

Gump double down:

> colector
> colector
> colector, mortar
> colector
> mortar move and shoot a smile/lake

22:18 / 7289 ; video soon :P

edit:
http://alwego.elock.com.pl/cw/special_ops/dd_gump.avi

Karsten75

Quote from: Alwego on January 29, 2010, 06:26:05 AM
Gump double down:

> colector
> colector
> colector, mortar
> colector
> mortar move and shoot a smile/lake

22:18 / 7289 ; video soon :P

edit:
http://alwego.elock.com.pl/cw/special_ops/dd_gump.avi

This is the most incredible game strategy ever!  Kudos!