special ops problems

Started by jem, January 24, 2010, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alwego

Quote from: Siccles on January 30, 2010, 08:25:25 AM
one thing where you can still reduce your time alot:  dont fly across all your buildings with odin city, because you will lose some packets (canceled connections) that way. Fly over the collector on the edge, so there is only 1 connection from odin city and no packets are lost

Yes, but look for my video.
3:00 - i have 1 full reactor, 1 reactor ready in 90 per cent and third in ~30 %. i got + 2,2 energy
I built two buildings on the lower level and later I have smaller loss. My city longer stay on ground (+0,8/s), and quickly connected to the network in the air.

When i don't move Odin City. I must soar in the air my city in 2:45, I have only one full reactor and second in 40%. I need 6 second more to connect to network.

JACKL

@the builders first video comment...

When i clicked on the link,the video that popped up was one of those windows media players-swirly circles things with music.Am i missing something?
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

UpperKEES

Yes, you need the appropriate codec.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

JACKL

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

UpperKEES

Well, I had the same problem before: I only heard music and saw visualisations. I don't remember what I installed exactly after searching the internet, but I'll have a look for you when I get home tonight (CET).

Karsten75

Easy solve: Download and install DivX player (free version), It installs a bunch of Codecs that WMP will use.

UpperKEES

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Thanks, Karsten! :)

JACKL

Thanks guys!!!!

Two days ago i would have bet money i had that software,but i only had the dvd movie-maker software,not the hd stuff.

YAY!!!!! it worked!!!!

Alwego

Continuation of fun?:>

Karsten75

Nice effort Alwego, but even in the recent scores leaderboard this only gets you to 4th place. :) I"m assuming over the next few days we'll see you push higher to join siccles and hi in the all-time leaderboard? :D

UpperKEES

Wow, great!  *respect*

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 20, 2010, 11:21:32 AM
Nice effort Alwego, but even in the recent scores leaderboard this only gets you to 4th place. :) I"m assuming over the next few days we'll see you push higher to join siccles and hi in the all-time leaderboard? :D

This is on Double Down, Karsten....

Karsten75

Hey, it was in jest. I'm sure Alwego can take a joke.

And yes, I didn't know it was in dd mode.  Soz Alwego.

PS. Is there a separate leaderboard for DD mode?

Alwego

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 20, 2010, 11:27:17 AM
PS. Is there a separate leaderboard for DD mode?

unfortunately not :-(

I am sure that like hi, UpperKEES and Siccles join the fun that we achieve a better result than 9203 =)
Give us a few days ;)

Siccles

4:13 / 9342

I guess I got a LOT better since my last try :O

Alwego

Quote from: Siccles on March 20, 2010, 07:18:57 PM
4:13 / 9342

I guess I got a LOT better since my last try :O

wow, wow, wow.. .wait a minute... 1, one gun for this map? :O

btw.
Quote from: Alwego on March 20, 2010, 01:27:34 PM

I am sure that like hi, UpperKEES and Siccles join the fun that we achieve a better result than 9203 =)
Give us a few days ;)

Great job Siccles :)