Main Menu

Gump

Started by Karsten75, December 29, 2009, 04:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

OK, I finally beat Gump. That was my last outstanding world to beat.

Here is the map, maybe you can infer the strategy from that.

I build two lines of collectors. the 3 in the bottom and the line leading up to the face. At the top of the face I built a mortar to bomb the smile. Then I started adding nuclear units one at a time. After that came the two blasters stopping the flow from the north. The blaster in the south was never needed, but I was chicken. Then I extended the collectors on the face downward until I could position the mortar closer to the emitter in the smile. then one more collector up on the right side of the face and another mortar.  After that manay nuclear units and eventually the drones. Once they started bombing the eyes, the game was won.

Aurzel

wow thats a lot of weapons, i used i think it was 4 blasters and a mortar, and also i pushed the collectors out more in the plains, about where the creeper is now on the pic, you can build collectors out to there and protect them with a pair of blasters

Karsten75

Yea, I like to overbuild and bomb the living daylight out of the creeper. :)

But also I changed strategy mid-course. Usually even if I can win, I go for capping off all the emitters (in my mind securing the world for those who will recolonize it). This time I thought , what the heck, I'm just going to end it, so there is a few weapons scattered about that is not being used. I don't care about speediness or high point scores, I care about winning and bombing the creeper.

Aurzel

yeah i know what you mean, sometimes though its a good feeling knowing you did something faster than you expected :P

Kamron3

I rarely ever use Droids anymore. I prefer beating levels with Blasters only. Makes the game more fun.

_k

jem

Quote from: Kamron3 on December 30, 2009, 03:33:30 AM
I rarely ever use Droids anymore. I prefer beating levels with Blasters only. Makes the game more fun.

_k

droids? you mean drone's
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Aurzel

there was no need to revive a thread if you havent got anything to contribute to the topic

~LOCKED~