Limited number of custom maps within a day

Started by mpl, March 28, 2010, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Assemble a team of people who can check maps for decent content... Better yet have something like this:

List of Unapproved Maps that have been uploaded. People who have access to this page can click on a map.
It will give them the map's name, desc, and a screenie(or does virgil do this manually?)
If not, the approving player can upload a sceenshot of the map (you can do so with the map editor)
If so, then disregard the message above.

Then a player plays the map, ensures it is beatable, playable, etc.

Player approves it and it is moved to the main page.

Player rejects it and the user gets a mail about it(if they put an email on the signup thing)

Also the player would be able to change the description(but only to delete bad stuff, such as curses), they can change the difficulty(lots of people put EXPERT ONLY on easy stuff), they can also upload a new map(just in case there is a small bugfix to the map, any changes to this the player should report in the description)

_k

Sqaz

Are you suggesting that normal player should approve or reject the maps?

That'll never work, a lot of maps are very hard, so it's possible the player can't beat them and reject them but the maps are still possible.
And also difficulty is relative, what for someone easy might be hard for a new player, so changing difficulties, especially with players approving maps wouldn't work.

Kamron3

No, people selected by Virgil. He'll of course select people who are experts. (like me ;D)

_k

UpperKEES

Oh, I think Karsten is doing his job with great dedication at the moment, but I can imagine it can become too much work for one person when people upload many crappy or unbeatable maps. That's why I'm glad Virgil and he have set up the system that allows a score to be submitted in advance by the map maker. Let's give it some time to see how it works out. I have a good feeling about it.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

So this 1 map a day is already in use i guess =P

How about 1 map a day for map without score ,
and 2 for maps with score + faster accept ?

I think maps that have an score should get an benefit for it .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Daos

Maybe you are only victim of the "if there are too much maps at once, then we will wait to upload, so they are not tossed on page two too fast". When I uploaded my map (yesterday?) I saw 20 maps or so in the list. So I played my map a second time to upload its scores. Maybe that just raised its upload-priority ;)