Creeper World User Space

Started by knucracker, September 19, 2011, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

I'm gonna give my vote now :)

Grauniad

Ugh. Not sure Virgil will appreciate spam on his behalf. And it may backfire.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Both games were released at the same day.

4.40 versus 4.39 rating at the moment, but DH only got 75,000 plays while CW:US got 138,000

It will be a very close call. :o

Quote from: allu on September 23, 2011, 10:54:07 AM
I saw it too...AFFUL go spam in all community sides you can find to get EVERYONE on internet to rate it whit 5 stars:)

Please make sure not to upset people, which will make them vote against CW:US. Just recommend it in a nice and friendly way. :) How many people do you know that enjoy being spammed? ;)

Edit:

Quote from: Grauniad on September 23, 2011, 11:18:36 AM
Ugh. Not sure Virgil will appreciate spam on his behalf. And it may backfire.

Oh sorry, didn't notice this comment (on the next page). Agreed.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

Agreed.  You have to be "professional" when you ask people to vote for a game.  Otherwise, they will down vote it out of spite.

I decided to go all in and take a huge gamble just now.  I just added a 13th bonus mission and updated the game on kongregate.  If it seem ok over the next hour, I'll do the normal round of advertising (twitter, facebook, blog).

This is a gamble since it perturbs an otherwise extremely successful game.  The goal, though, is to convince some people who have not yet voted or who have voted 4 stars to vote 5 stars.

My stats indicate that a large percentage of people have actually completed the game.  Somewhere around one in five players has completed the game.  One more bonus mission that unlocks after completing the game can't hurt....

MadMag

I think a new map will do good :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: virgilw on September 23, 2011, 01:06:50 PM
You have to be "professional" when you ask people to vote for a game.

When referring to CW:US you may want to use this link:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/whiteboardwar/creeper-world-user-space

Better to direct potential players straight to the game before they 'get lost' somewhere else.... ;)

MadMag

crazyone76

Quote from: virgilw on September 23, 2011, 01:06:50 PM
Agreed.  You have to be "professional" when you ask people to vote for a game.  Otherwise, they will down vote it out of spite.

I decided to go all in and take a huge gamble just now.  I just added a 13th bonus mission and updated the game on kongregate.  If it seem ok over the next hour, I'll do the normal round of advertising (twitter, facebook, blog).

This is a gamble since it perturbs an otherwise extremely successful game.  The goal, though, is to convince some people who have not yet voted or who have voted 4 stars to vote 5 stars.

My stats indicate that a large percentage of people have actually completed the game.  Somewhere around one in five players has completed the game.  One more bonus mission that unlocks after completing the game can't hurt....

from Virgil: if you don't vote 5/5 something really bad will happen to you and you dont wan't to find out what  ;)
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

voted the other one star, I hope this helps. They both have 4.38

UpperKEES

Please note that asking people to downvote other games will disqualify Creeper World.

knucracker

Yeah, don't down vote other games.  Vote how you would rank them, or don't vote at all on them.  The other games are really good and their dev's deserve a fair shot.  I know that down voting happens, but so long as it happens evenly to everyone it factors out.  I would never encourage anyone to down vote other games, even if I knew CW was being down voted.

At the end of the day, the top 5 games (especially the top 3) are all really close.  These are some seriously high ranked games this month.  Even the games further down the list could have won on some other months. 

So we may come in 1st or we may come in 10th... it's hard to say at this point.  What I can say for sure is that the Creeper Nation has fought like hell and that's good enough for me.

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on September 23, 2011, 05:10:49 PM
So we may come in 1st or we may come in 10th... it's hard to say at this point.  What I can say for sure is that the Creeper Nation has fought like hell and that's good enough for me.

Almost like CW1 - you fight, and then you move on, knowing there was still stuff left behind? :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

OMG! I just checked out the main competitor and it's like the simple and annoying platform games from the 80's! Even the music matches that era.... Did that guy just replace the sprites on his Commodore64 or what?

I'm positively sure this is not going to be this months winner! The kids playing now have to go to bed at 8 PM.... ;)

knucracker

That's funny you should say that...
I've been wondering about the votes/plays ratio for each game and wondering if there is a correlation between the average age of players and the likelihood of those players voting.  In other words, do older players vote less than younger players?  If so, games that appeal to a younger crowd will pick up more votes for a given set of players. 

Of course there could also be many other explanations for why the votes/plays ratio varies from game to game.  The longevity of the game could be the most significant.  If the same players keep coming back to a given game, that drives the plays up while leaving the votes the same.

MadMag

Younger players vote more because they do not care or do not know about what info  FB and Kongregate collect
I almost did not vote because of that.