Code Maps Hard/Fun/Special

Started by MadMag, June 15, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazer

"and flower flower" (any size [small is "easiest"]) - I had no chance try it

- Mazer

MadMag

So, what's fun hard or special about it?

Ben

Solution To Life's Probl Medium/High  (nearly impossible, if your dark beam isn't running steadily at 3:30 you'll have to try again)

- akaBen

Evil Roc

189 Large/High

Got there while doing numbered missions, fun map as 2 surface emitters flood you quickly (actually only one of them), also drones attacking from the were start from surface gateway. Weird gravity not helping.

Took me a good dozen tries to manage and get a foothold, it is fair straightforward after that, but start is fun and challenging.

Kithros

Quote from: Evil Roc on August 06, 2011, 12:46:18 PM
189 Large/High

Got there while doing numbered missions, fun map as 2 surface emitters flood you quickly (actually only one of them), also drones attacking from the were start from surface gateway. Weird gravity not helping.

Took me a good dozen tries to manage and get a foothold, it is fair straightforward after that, but start is fun and challenging.

Interesting at the start - but as you said it looks like it'll be pretty boring after that so I didn't really play through it. I was considering rushing the left emitter but decided against it because of the other emitters buried beneath it, and just played defensively instead.
Spoiler
[close]

Need to build some more blasters eventually, but this will last long enough to build more than enough reactors.

Evil Roc

Nice, better approach to start compare to mine I think. I had success with more defensive start, digging in 4 squares deep with LS and sealing myself with row of repulsors and couple blasters from creep and drones above, then had built a lot of reactors and other stuff underground and attacked later in full force.

Tried somewhat similiar start with wall of few shields + few blasters early but I guess I was doing it wrong as it had not worked for me so well.

Grauniad

Quote from: Kithros on August 06, 2011, 01:03:21 PM

Interesting at the start - but as you said it looks like it'll be pretty boring after that so I didn't really play through it. I was considering rushing the left emitter but decided against it because of the other emitters buried beneath it, and just played defensively instead.

I just can't figure out what you did to get that established. I can't build more than 5 shields and the creeper comes curving down behind it. As well as drones in quick succession.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kithros

Quote from: Grauniad on August 06, 2011, 02:03:47 PM
Quote from: Kithros on August 06, 2011, 01:03:21 PM

I just can't figure out what you did to get that established. I can't build more than 5 shields and the creeper comes curving down behind it. As well as drones in quick succession.
I built the shields at pretty much the last second - I only started building them as soon as I had picked up the first red gem. I think I only started building the blasters after taking the second red gem, or just before finishing the white gem (and I think I started off by building 6 or 7 shields when I took the red gem - in that picture some of them have already been destroyed towards the top). The creeper that went over the top of the shields never went low enough to threaten anything, it just puddled over to the right.

deathsandwich

impossible?? ?? ?? ?? ? large/high
(No spaces between the question marks...  ???)

It looks really strange for some reason. (very easy and simple to play though)

X4 large/high

The whole map will eventually be connected together, and it isn't that simple either. (Also, if you just watch the map at the start, to me it looked as though the creeper punched the LS)

Split route large/high

Looks much harder unless the first emitter can be nullified early. Almost the whole map will become connected pretty quickly and that results in a LOT of high power drones!

Colin

Highest emitter I've ever seen on non-experimental!

234161578178492afgas4f3g1g12d2a2 Large/High

I'm playing it right now, don't know if 201M is even
possible to nullify without experimentals . . .
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Grauniad

Quote from: Colin on August 07, 2011, 03:54:16 PM

This topic would suggest there are mush tougher emitters out there. About beating them, IDK.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Colin

with dark beams and conversion bombs 201m would
be a piece of cake, but just blasters/launchers?  ???
I don't know, I stopped after I had build 5 layers of shields . . .

Evil Roc

195 Large/High

Another amuzing map from my numbered missions pack. It is 0g and with experimentals, tricky part is again start as powerfull emitter open to surface pumps crrep into open air from the very start. There is only one gem available (I think) - weakest type (red) and burried fair deep so every single enery unit matters. And do not forget 12 fanthoms which come soon and require attention as well.

Map is beatable (I had completed it) but it was really interesting to work out the tactic for the start. Took me some brainstorming and still a few failed tries while polishing the timing.

Kithros

Quote from: Colin on August 07, 2011, 03:54:16 PM

It's not all that hard, mass shields and launchers until you have the creeper density under control, then move in a bunch of blasters/launchers afterward while going for the nullify (and of course burst anti-creeper with makers - you should always burst it over time though rather than bursting all at once)

Spoiler
[close]

Colin

89 Small/High Try it, and you will know why I put it here.