Code Maps Hard/Fun/Special

Started by MadMag, June 15, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

cropper large high

gravity is up, build direction is down, surface emitter, drone spam, and phantoms.  lots of fun!

BoostBreed75

Fibonacc-0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144,233,377,610,987 Large/high

Two surface emitters and a gateway that spams 4/4 drones, 0 phantoms, experimentals, 0 gravity + all build direction, 186.8 mil avg emitter strength, 764.6 max emitter strength. (not beaten by me) Very Difficult to get established.

shoeface

Quote from: alanrc on June 20, 2011, 11:29:13 PM
Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on June 20, 2011, 11:50:08 AM
Try this one, named after my wife  :) Everything is fine until you get to the big emitter.

Kimberly High/Large

Can anyone Beat this?  The bottom left emitter is Super strong!.  I would love to see someone beat it.  I have a saved game at 70 mins.  Your wife is one tough cookie!

Done it, it is not really that hard, just build a massive amount of blasters and launchers and put them in the hole in the bottom.

eudrick

little window were Large/High  This one's FUN!  Right High Gravity and Left build.  Due to the terrain you're forced to attack from underneath (Right side) and work your way 'up'.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Katra

Epic battle  is interesting, though it certainly doesn't live up to its name even on large/high. (Gravity up plus fields in the upper half of the single large creeper chamber (starts as 2 but eroding terrain connects them quickly) makes this a dig to the bottom and fight up map.

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

florrat

from find walk Large/High - A very hard map. You have to deal with the first (surface) emitter quickly, because the titan emitter is working its way to the surface. And there's not much ground to build on. Medium and small seem nice too. I haven't tried the yet, but small also gives you some starting drones XD

eudrick

door the isLarge/High:  May be impossible on a medium setting.  Power generation is the bottle neck here.  That, and a 'mild' emitter  that you can prevent breaking out to the surface but eats a ton of terrain during your build up.  
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

florrat

Two other hard maps:

3.141592653589793238 Large/High
from find walk Small/High

Kithros

'ring floor make' on large/high - this map actually has 2 titans without experimentals, I didn't realize that was even possible until now - it isn't actually very hard though in any case since you can easily clear out all the rest of the map before worrying about either titan.

Katra

Quote from: eudrick on June 25, 2011, 04:03:40 PM
door the isLarge/High:  May be impossible on a medium setting.  Power generation is the bottle neck here.  That, and a 'mild' emitter  that you can prevent breaking out to the surface but eats a ton of terrain during your build up.  

Not even difficult on medium/high. First screenshot is at the point where the attack on the first pool/emitter was no longer in doubt.

As a side note; this same map has a gateway and emitter in the same space. (Bottom right emitter.) (second screenshot)

Katra

cheesecakeLarge/High A really tough start; with one gateway (drones) open to the surface immediately, and a second with lots of fast drones soon open to surface through two openings. Fields will also cause creeper to pour from one of these openings intermittently. These two top chambers grow into one huge chamber reaching clear across the map with very little building room, and creeper on the left side sloshing around with fields.

MadMag

Code Map: coat when cake small/high  (Fun and hard)

Katra

fail large/high

Surface emitter, a steady stream of drones, and phantoms. Then limited build space before you have to engage a large chamber with 14 or 19 HP drones. (your choice which to attack first.)  ;)

The start on this leaves no room for error. The first drone arrives at the starting LS location before you can build a blaster, so it is necessary to do three things at once. Grab a crystal, move the LS, and build that first blaster to cover the spot you move to.

Kithros

Quote from: Katra on June 30, 2011, 07:45:56 PM
fail large/high

Surface emitter, a steady stream of drones, and phantoms. Then limited build space before you have to engage a large chamber with 14 or 19 HP drones. (your choice which to attack first.)  ;)

The start on this leaves no room for error. The first drone arrives at the starting LS location before you can build a blaster, so it is necessary to do three things at once. Grab a crystal, move the LS, and build that first blaster to cover the spot you move to.

I'd say the start has plenty of room for error personally - but these were my first 33 seconds:

Spoiler
[close]

It's a pretty standard surface gateway map - except that the fields on the emitter can make for a very easy nullify if you know what you're doing. Lots of gems, you can easily loot the gems in the emitter room thanks to the field - if you were planning to play it normally, deal with it the same way as any other surface gateway - use shields early on, pick up gems, mass reactors the farthest from the emitter as possible (usually, but not always) then use the smallest number of blasters possible to deal with the drones (in this instance I think 1 blaster would be fine) once you're out of room for shields, and just build up the reactor farm from there - but personally I just went with killing everything off.

Eric