Custom Map: Gold Miners Path

Started by AutoPost, May 19, 2011, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Gold Miners Path

Author: MadMag

Desc:
G.Reedy Company has made mines and harvested gold from the Anti-Creeper planets for over 800 years. The Anti-Creeper had no interest in the gold so Grant Reedy jr. and his men lived side by side by the A-Creeper in peace... Until one day!

MadMag

Far from one of my best maps, but it is good enough to release..
Some typos here and there, but it is understandable.

Yeah, and the black dots by the railroad is 2 mine carts that has derailed.

MadMag

little scores.. Is it to hard or what?

UpperKEES

Ehm.... maybe CW2 was just released? ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

Thanks!
* MadMag runs to the CW store :)

UpperKEES

Heheh! ;D

Your map looks great though, like all of yours. Maybe you should consider creating graphics for the game itself as well.... :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

fractalman

MadMag

Should maybe have labeld it hard..

DethbyIT

Ummm...maybe "Medium+"?

In any event another 5x5 game by MadDog.
Great stuff and thank for the work.
dbit

udobud

I have never asked for this before, but I have finished all of MadMag's other maps, but I can't seem to figure out the start on this one.  A pointer or screen shot to get past the first 6 minutes would be great.  I don't care about a spoiler at this point.  I have restarted at least 20 times.  Seriously frustrated!

CatoSterling

I second udobud's request for pointers.  This map is one of several in my "Hall Of Shame" -- maps I've been unable to conquer.

DethbyIT

I had forgotten what a great game this was until I saw your comments.
I did not have a great time on this one, but this is a screen capture from about 5:00 minutes.
dbit

rchev

No way you'll stand off the creeps with just two blasters...at least not in my edition of the game. Fess up!

DethbyIT

Quote from: rchev on August 06, 2011, 04:31:44 PM
No way you'll stand off the creeps with just two blasters...at least not in my edition of the game. Fess up!

It would appear as though I am being called a liar, even though I just did a *backspace* (at 4:37) to capture the image of the game in progress.

In all honesty, I will admit that I did build more Blasters (and Mortars) as the game progressed - but AFTER saving the the survivors.

Since the request up above was for the basic starting minutes, my intention was to provide just that.

Anyone who can't figure out that you need to add energy and weapons as the game progresses probably doesn't need to be playing a game at this level of difficulty.

The attached image is at 6:40