Shield Bomb...

Started by Lioncourt, May 17, 2011, 10:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioncourt

I apologize for mentioning this if it has been mentioned already, but..

Has anyone made a shield bomb yet?  Take a creeper maker, surround it with either shields, or dirt/walls, what not, so the only space available for creeper to move to is the place the maker sits, after you put however much creeper in that 1 square, move out the maker, and place a shield there.  While making sure the shield is on, you can get rid of the rest of the shields/what not, and let the 1 shield sit there along.. you can let the bad creeper destroy it, or you can destroy it yourself, or just deactivate it, and all that creeper that was sitting in that 1 square will explode out, amazing to watch :)

Oh, and first post!!  woot!!!
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

UpperKEES

Yeah, it's a lot of fun to play around with. Next time activate a whole bunch of stacked repulsors before you detonate it.... ;)

Welcome to the forums! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Lioncourt

Ya, that would be a nice thing to add, but alas, I have not been able to buy the game, so the only place I played with repulsers is in the credits area :)  But trust me, I will soon enough...

Aurzel

yep the shield bomb is a staple entertainment for many

thepenguin

Spoiler
during beta somebody made a 2 billion density one of those

(I've still got it here)
[close]
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

During beta, someone was bored... I use those all the time as a drone defense.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

TonyP2000

I found out about shield bombs by accident. I was trying to push some greeper down and built some shields to force it. This trapped some greeper in a couple of caves. Latter on in the mission, when almost all the ore was used up, I needed some extra greeper, when I noticed some pockets packed tightly with the dense greeper from earlier. I decided to open them up to let it flow out. It did not flow out... It exploded out. It was awesome!  :D
Vote Tony!

Lioncourt

BTW, I noticed a thread about new names/definitions of some creeper world words, so I think my "Shield Bomb" should be added :)  I might not be the first to do it, but I think I am the first to post about it  :P

mthw2vc

Perhaps you were the first to call it a "Shield Bomb," but during beta, I found a bug wherein it was possible to place units inside of terrain and on top of one another. After stacking makers inside of terrain, I had a "Terrain Bomb" with 260 million units of friendly creeper in it ;)

Of course, this was followed by the hacking team stacking 50 of them in a terrain cell and giving themselves limitless ore for a bomb with over 2 billion units :o