Overdone days.

Started by Ebon Heart, May 16, 2011, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Krell on May 27, 2011, 02:02:49 PM
How does everyone manage to do overdone days yet still have nowhere near the amount of reactors as me? I look at so many of these and go "wow they excavate a lot more than they needed to."
Now I'm interested... I want to see a screenshot of you getting many more reactors than that on bonus day 1. Maybe I can learn something from it....
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Krell

Well that's not a good example for me because of all the eroding terrain. I was talking in general, though if you had gotten in there sooner you could have gotten a lot more. the Barbarian hordes one I filled about 90% of the map up. I could do the map again and get a screenshot, but I hate that level with a passion.

Ebon Heart

Ya, barbarian hordes is a pain. So many drones, so many drones!! I still have nightmares...

Krell

Greeper is the answer to all your problems!!!  :D

Ebon Heart

and a butt load of blasters!

Ebon Heart

I hate drones! I'm having fun destroying them now on bonus day 10.

weekendgamer

I have a screen shot of when I maxed out the 60 packets per second of the LS using 150 blasters.
Sorry for the late replies.

Ebon Heart

isn't it a 55 packets per second limit??

Fisherck

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

hmm... I've never had that much collection on a map before. That's a bad thing considering my love of overdoing things.

Grauniad

If you have saved up some gems, or the map started with an energy reserve, you can burst higher than 60 packets/second - up to the stored gem reserves.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

with 80 stored gyms, couldn't you technically send out 80 packets per second for 1 second..... then go into an epic deficit. lol

Kithros

I believe if you have say, 20 energy crystals, and 80 energy production, it will be able to send out 80 packets per second without actually using any of the crystals (I can't say from actual experience, but I think this is how it works), essentially it can send out up to 60+(number of crystals) per second, but only uses the crystals if the energy storage is at 0. I think it's kind of silly to be designed this way, I'd rather it either have a cap to the amount it can send out or just have no cap at all without worryng about crystals and such, but oh well.

Anyway, day 20:
Spoiler
[close]

Ebon Heart

Kithros, you suck. Now I have to do an even bigger overkill with dark beams..... however you beat THAT! lol

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kithros on June 09, 2011, 10:50:44 AM
I believe if you have say, 20 energy crystals, and 80 energy production, it will be able to send out 80 packets per second without actually using any of the crystals (I can't say from actual experience, but I think this is how it works), essentially it can send out up to 60+(number of crystals) per second, but only uses the crystals if the energy storage is at 0.

Yep, I've been generating up to 173 energy per second and using all of it without toughing the crystal energy I saved to be able to do so.

Quote from: Kithros on June 09, 2011, 10:50:44 AM
I think it's kind of silly to be designed this way, I'd rather it either have a cap to the amount it can send out or just have no cap at all without worryng about crystals and such, but oh well.

I reported this about 2 months ago in beta, but Virgil decided to leave this in. I have to say I'm very happy he did, because it's the only way the circumvent the 60 packets/sec cap by the LS and you'll need lots of energy when beating titan emitters with just regular weapons. It's fun to be able to do so and I think a lot more people would have been complaining about the 60 packet limit when this feature wouldn't be available.

You have to be very careful though, because when you lose that tiny bit of crystal energy by dispatching too many packets your entire defence will collapse. In my opinion this constraint makes a fine penalty for careless attacks/overbuilding.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview