Overdone days.

Started by Ebon Heart, May 16, 2011, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kithros

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 09, 2011, 02:11:02 PM
Quote from: Kithros on June 09, 2011, 10:50:44 AM
I believe if you have say, 20 energy crystals, and 80 energy production, it will be able to send out 80 packets per second without actually using any of the crystals (I can't say from actual experience, but I think this is how it works), essentially it can send out up to 60+(number of crystals) per second, but only uses the crystals if the energy storage is at 0.

Yep, I've been generating up to 173 energy per second and using all of it without toughing the crystal energy I saved to be able to do so.

Quote from: Kithros on June 09, 2011, 10:50:44 AM
I think it's kind of silly to be designed this way, I'd rather it either have a cap to the amount it can send out or just have no cap at all without worryng about crystals and such, but oh well.

I reported this about 2 months ago in beta, but Virgil decided to leave this in. I have to say I'm very happy he did, because it's the only way the circumvent the 60 packets/sec cap by the LS and you'll need lots of energy when beating titan emitters with just regular weapons. It's fun to be able to do so and I think a lot more people would have been complaining about the 60 packet limit when this feature wouldn't be available.

You have to be very careful though, because when you lose that tiny bit of crystal energy by dispatching too many packets your entire defence will collapse. In my opinion this constraint makes a fine penalty for careless attacks/overbuilding.

Well, my point is that I would be fine with having it not cap out at 60 packets per second - I just don't see any logical reason for crystals to need to be factored in for the max packet amount being sent out. By all means, let the cap be higher than 60, but requiring crystals to do so without even using the crystals is completely counterintuitive.

Ebon Heart

I can see this feature being used in many custom maps.... *gets to work designing one* also, check this out! I made an ebony heart using dark beams. XD
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DarthVader12

I have so over done this level (I did not know if I should revive this topic or start a new one.)

Fisherck

As a general rule of thumb, reviving an old topic will make grouchy people here less annoyed than making a new topic of an existing one. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

There's no pleasing people here... Though I'm happy the topic was revived. XD

CobraKill

Quote from: Fisherck on August 01, 2011, 08:37:46 PM
As a general rule of thumb, reviving an old topic will make grouchy people here less annoyed than making a new topic of an existing one. ;)

One person comes to mind...
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: CobraKill on August 01, 2011, 09:30:50 PM
Quote from: Fisherck on August 01, 2011, 08:37:46 PM

One person comes to mind...
I wonder who that is.... ;)

thepenguin

Quote from: DarthVader12 on August 01, 2011, 07:53:16 PM
I have so over done this level (I did not know if I should revive this topic or start a new one.)

please remember to use search before posting, and not to revive old threads :P
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

but then what is he supposed to do? not post it?  that seems rather not good... ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

alright, let's get back on topic before we upset even more forum watchdogs. XD

DarthVader12

I know I cant please everyone but this was a really good topic and thank you for all who defended me. ;)

thepenguin

Quote from: DarthVader12 on August 02, 2011, 12:29:37 PM
I know I cant please everyone but this was a really good topic and thank you for all who defended me. ;)
don't worry, the forum is full of self-contradictions
We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DarthVader12 on August 02, 2011, 12:29:37 PM
As the creator of this topic, I take that as a compliment. XD

cclloyd9785

You really had to ask about overdoing?

After they said in one level that it was a fortress, I set out to make one.

DarthVader12

i have another one. 1000 technytes!