What is your favorite CW2 map?

Started by Sqaz, May 15, 2011, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqaz

What was that map in the game of whom you thought: "Oh blimey, what a great awesome map!"?

Here's my top three:

1) Barbarian hordes (Bonus 7): I played this one about a hundred times to find to best tactic of digging building up and attacking.
2) The Tide (Story 18): I think this is the hardest map in-game, and I just love the fight at the top.
3) Assault (Bonus 8 ): Just a small and short map, but there's a direct sense of urgency thanks to the decaying shield wall, and you have to get             your start and weapon choice right for this one.

UpperKEES

1. Cubic (bonus 9)
2. The Tide (day 18)
3. Purpose (day 16)

Stygian Depths (bonus 5) was fun too, until I played too many code maps which all looked similar.
Funny you put Barbarian Hordes at #1, because to me it's one of the least interesting maps. Creeper hardly plays a role and it just looks too much like a regular tower defence game to me.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

DethbyIT

So far, it is "Day 3: Taurus"...but only because I haven't started "Day 4: UC-1004".
(I only loaded CW2 about an hour ago.)

I think the Graphics, Stragtegy, and overall "FQ" (Fun Quotient) makes this an Out of the Park Homerun.

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 15, 2011, 09:05:27 AM
Stygian Depths (bonus 5) was fun too, until I played too many code maps which all looked similar.
Funny you put Barbarian Hordes at #1, because to me it's one of the least interesting maps. Creeper hardly plays a role and it just looks too much like a regular tower defence game to me.

I'm not that much of a tower defence game player, so I found it quite refreshing. It was also the only map I had problems with when first playing it (probably since it came in quite early in the beta, now it isn't that hard anymore).

thepenguin

all-time favorites: cubic, odyssey, abyss
We have become the creeper...

J

My favorite so far is 'Credits'.

Please note I didn't finish all maps but I liked the credits most now.

Credits is a map you can play fast, it's pretty easy and it has almost all possible things.

TonyP2000

I loved Cubic, every room has its own trap or gimmick.
Spoiler
And of course, who could forget then insane amount of creeper (10000000000?  :o ) crammed into a single block of ground?  ;D
[close]
Vote Tony!

mthw2vc

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 27, 2011, 12:14:54 AM
I loved Cubic, every room has its own trap or gimmick.
Spoiler
And of course, who could forget then insane amount of creeper (10000000000?  :o ) crammed into a single block of ground?  ;D
[close]
Spoiler
10 000 000 000? No, there are only 9 000 000 000 units, 1G in each subcell. ;)
[close]

MadMag

My favorite map so far is one I have in my mind.  :-*

MadMurphy

I think I enjoyed Day 13 Horror the most. Made me think a little more than the other maps given I had a time limit.

iycgtptyarvg

My favourite map : Cubic (bonus map 9)
The originality is fantastic. It would have been better still if there were more rooms/cubes. Also, it's a bit on the easy side.

My least favourite map : Assault (bonus map 8)
This map is basically the last level of CW1 (Thor map). Unfortunately, you have to 'cheat' by going to the left side of the map. Can this map be won by staying on the right side?

Sqaz

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on June 20, 2011, 12:30:13 PM
My least favourite map : Assault (bonus map 8)
Can this map be won without 'cheating' (going to the left side of the map)?

Yup, without a problem, just grab those crystals and get a Maker up and running before the shields break, once you've got a Maker you're safe and sound.

Ebon Heart

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Nemoricus

Stygian Depths is neat for how it feels like you're burrowing into the depths of the earth.

Abyss is neat for its concept and playstyle, if rather easy to beat.

pixlepix

I love day 14. Love the 20 threats coming onto you at once.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(