Official CW2 dictionary

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 03:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmote

Every time I see "Greeper" I think someone's typo'd Creeper - and then wonder what on earth they're talking about because it's all in the wrong context.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Krell

It was originally used in the blog and it caught on so I continue to use it.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

Greeper is the way to go! Woo!

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Titans: emitters with 20M+ intensity.
Ultra-titans: emitters with 200M+ intensity.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 05, 2011, 11:30:50 PM
Titans: emitters with 20M+ intensity.
Ultra-titans: emitters with 200M+ intensity.
Don't forget this one:
Super-Ultra-Mega-titans: emitters with 500M+ intensity.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 05, 2011, 11:31:46 PM
Don't forget this one:
Super-Ultra-Mega-titans: emitters with 500M+ intensity.

Nope, categories go up by a factor 10, so the next level would be 2000M (= 2B), but I'm sure we won't see these babies.

Maybe nice to know there will only be 1 type of map featuring ultra-titans (and on these maps their intensity actually doesn't matter that much).

Ranakastrasz

Considering the creeper cap of ~2B, after which it wraps to anti creeper, that would not be exceptionally useful.

Sqaz

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on June 06, 2011, 11:33:19 AM
Considering the creeper cap of ~2B, after which it wraps to anti creeper, that would not be exceptionally useful.

Well, I thought the Nexus emitted 2B/second.

Echo51

the codewise cap is at little over 2 billion, so 2B/s is plausible, but assuming int is used, wont be much higher then that.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on June 06, 2011, 12:09:39 PM
Well, I thought the Nexus emitted 2B/second.

Sounds like a great name for that category. ;)

Ranakastrasz

Well, The reason for a codewise cap is mainly because of the way creeper is stored on the map, as a signed integer of 32 bits, which means it can hold values all the way from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647. Since anti-creeper is represented as negative values, and creeper as positive, there are quite a few notable things about this. One, you cannot have any more than 2,147,483,647 creeper in one cell, as it would overflow, (computer term for when a value wraps around and becomes negative) and become anti creeper Now, This does not mean you cannot have an emitter with 2 Billion power, but if you did, it would need a lot of room to spread out if you dont want it to fill up, overflow, and start annihilating itself. However, Since there IS an option to make an emitter stop working if it has more than some amount of creeper nearby (how large of an area does it check? and Can you use any other operators, such as less than, so an emitter only starts functioning when creeper is already nearby?) It would be fully possible to make ridiculously powerful emitters so long as you make sure they cannot fill up an area to overflowing.

Grauniad

A Goldilocks code map - one that is not too hard, yet not too easy. Varies by the perception of each player.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ontheworld

TP, I love how you keep greeper on but are to lazy to add the AC, A-C, etc.