Game Mechanics Quiz 2 - Do you know more?

Started by UpperKEES, December 06, 2010, 03:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapoios

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on December 14, 2010, 04:53:47 PM
Questions 3 & 4 have been posted. :) Answers 1 & 2 are still open for discussion until midnight, but I don't plan staying up that late. ;)

Quote from: Blaze on December 14, 2010, 12:16:00 AM
I got a point!

No, you don't. Sorry!

Uhm, but I got C right on the first question, but I didn't get number two right, do I have to get both right?

Oh, but wait, I still got part of it right, shouldn't that count for something?

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kapoios on December 14, 2010, 07:17:16 PM
We don't believe you!

I know you are a good player, but talking in majestic plural is a bit too much, my friend(s). ;D

Besides that you were wrong, as I slept for 3 hours. ;)

Quote from: Blaze on December 14, 2010, 11:30:37 PM

Yes, it counts for zero points. You missed 4 valid options, so maybe I should consider assigning 1 - 4 = -3 points. :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

Quote from: UpperKEES on December 06, 2010, 03:24:21 AM

Question 3:
What is the maximum damage of a mine expressed in cubic creeper cells? (This is an open question.)

okay, i know this sounds stupid, but what exactly is a cubic creeper cell?  And how do you find it/one/thing?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

J

Michionlion

ok, thanks.  and how do find how many layers there are? using the mouse-over thing?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Sqaz

It aren't layers, but elevations.

Example A 3X3 square filled with two elevations of creeper is 18ccc.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Michionlion on December 15, 2010, 11:05:33 AM
ok, thanks.  and how do find how many layers there are? using the mouse-over thing?

Yes, the elevation gauge is what you want to be using. Please note that you will have to pause the game a lot to be able to read it accurately, because the creeper flows back fast after damage is done! Using the O = 2 x P script may help you with that. Adjust the interval to 27 milliseconds to be able to advance frame by frame (in theory, because in reality you often skip a frame due to limitations of your operating system). It's not necessary to use this script though; when you time pressing the P-key well you should get the same results.

Sqaz

Or to be really sure, you should make a map in which if the damage is done all creeper is removed, and then one with 0.1 creeper more, which in case you're right should fail.

What's actually the use of making that second question multiple choice, I can see from your answer you just took all possible results :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on December 15, 2010, 12:34:43 PM
What's actually the use of making that second question multiple choice, I can see from your answer you just took all possible results :P

Nah, there are even more possible results, depending on your way of thinking, but I figured 15 options would be hard enough. I also considered making Q3 multiple choice, but I like having some open questions as well to reward people that test thoroughly. :)

ctuna

Q3. 456
Q4. M

hi

???

N) but I don't really know what a pixel is.

UpperKEES

Quote from: hi on December 15, 2010, 04:45:11 PM
I don't really know what a pixel is.

I tried to clarify the question. A block in CW is 10 by 10 pixels. A CW map consist out of 70 by 48 blocks, so the visible playing field is 700 by 480 pixels, while your entire CW screen is 700 by 525 pixels.

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on December 15, 2010, 04:54:34 AM
Quote from: Kapoios on December 14, 2010, 07:17:16 PM
We don't believe you!

I know you are a good player, but talking in majestic plural is a bit too much, my friend(s). ;D

Besides that you were wrong, as I slept for 3 hours. ;)

Quote from: Blaze on December 14, 2010, 11:30:37 PM

Yes, it counts for zero points. You missed 4 valid options, so maybe I should consider assigning 1 - 4 = -3 points. :P

I was thinking one question right=one point, two=two etc.

ssddgghh

I calculate it as 238.53720883753125696545713238553 pixels.
Do I round up or do I round down?
If round up: N:239
If round down: M:238