Custom Map: Fractal Reactor Cores

Started by AutoPost, November 02, 2010, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Fractal Reactor Cores

Author: Burguertime

Desc:
Your energy is too low, but if you could only reach the fractal reactor cores...

burguertime

all emitters are 0.5, 2, 1 (the default settings in map editor)
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

burguertime

You have to move the city very early in the game.

why intensity 1 emitters are annoying?
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
oOga OoGa to you too.

thrawn

are the reactors just here to waste time trying to get them? I can't connect to them even flying over them with stuff...

thrawn

nvr mind. I restarted the game and they work now

burguertime

Quote from: thrawn on November 04, 2010, 09:09:20 AM
are the reactors just here to waste time trying to get them? I can't connect to them even flying over them with stuff...

I dont think this map is winnable without getting to the reactors. The hardest part is the beginning, as you can build only six items on the platform, and its only 1 elevation higher than the ground (you will get flooded soon).

But there is a place with better height. You just need to deal with a few squatters.
oOga OoGa to you too.

thrawn

yeah I don't think you could do it without the reactors either. my problem was I was building things by the reactors but they would not connect I saw were i thought i should build and I was right. it just wasn't working for some reason when i restarted my pc it worked..... beat it and posted time as SAM thanks for the map

fraterpotens

I had the same bug, the reactors would not connect even when I built a collector right next to them.

the good news is that the map is beatable without the reactors, It just took me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

(although some of that time was just leaving the program running while my 300 unit battery stack slowly charged)

burguertime

Quote from: fraterpotens on November 04, 2010, 12:41:47 PM
I had the same bug, the reactors would not connect even when I built a collector right next to them.

the good news is that the map is beatable without the reactors, It just took me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

(although some of that time was just leaving the program running while my 300 unit battery stack slowly charged)

Funny. I ran the map twice, tested it several times during design, and it connected. There is a bug with the crazonium walls, that at certain angles it will block the line one way but not another.
oOga OoGa to you too.

UpperKEES

Quote from: burguertime on November 04, 2010, 07:47:43 PM
There is a bug with the crazonium walls, that at certain angles it will block the line one way but not another.

Correct, this is a known bug, see here.

It should have been resolved in the latest version however, see here.

If you didn't upgrade with the latest patch, please do so. When you believe the problem remains, please post in the first mentioned topic. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview