Main Menu

notify button

Started by Michionlion, October 30, 2010, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

where is the 'notify button that you are suposed to click in order to get notification from that topic?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Echo51

on the top and bottom of the thread, the same place you click reply, right of that
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Echo51

Michionlion

I don't see that. it goes directly from the 'reply 'option to 'Mark Unread'.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

do i have to somhow 'Enable' it?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

Then you might have a profile option on to automatically notify you about topics you've posted in. Try looking at an old topic you've never seen before.

Echo51

As far as i read, what mthw says will work

UpperKEES

Yeah, but I wouldn't turn on automatic notifications for every topic you post in, unless you like a full mailbox every day. Just pick the interesting topics manually.

Note: you can't activate notifications for custom map comments.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

I've asked Virgil to look into the permissions settings to see if there is perhaps an issue.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

I'm trying to attach it the this post.

ok. what you have to do is download it, then click open, then go into the ziped file and open the paint file.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

this is what my prefrences are on my profile.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

Yeah....
It looks like I have the "notification" permission turned off.  The mistake is that it is actually enabled for "beta" group members.  I have outbound email limitations in place right now, this is why I have it turned off.

I'm looking into a better email solution, though (for some neat things I have planned for CW2).  Once I have that in place, I will turn the notifications permission on for everyone.

thepenguin

so that's why all the betas have it, but he doesn't
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

ok, so i have to wait until cw2 is done/released.  thats ok...
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Blaze

What does the button do anyways?