Extremely slow map editor

Started by J, October 08, 2010, 10:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

I have a very fast PC with windows 7. But the map editor is extremely slow. I can spray in the map editor!
Any idea's how to solve it?

Echo51

Please explain it a bit better. Also, "very fast" doesent tells us anything about the computer. What version of Adobe Air are you running?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Yeah, it's probably due to Adobe AIR. I experienced the same thing, see here. Have you tried closing the editor and opening it again? Did you reboot your computer?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

J

The game is running fast as wel. Re-opening the map editor doesn't work.

UpperKEES

More details please! (See above.)

knucracker

If you mean the editor is "jerky" while painting terrain that is "normal" in the current version of AIR.  I have a fix that smooths it out, but I've not released an updated editor yet since it's a pretty minor annoyance (in my experience).

thepenguin

I would try un-installing and re-installing the map editor

(don't think it will work, but it might)
We have become the creeper...

J

Quote from: virgilw on October 08, 2010, 11:38:23 PM
If you mean the editor is "jerky" while painting terrain that is "normal" in the current version of AIR.  I have a fix that smooths it out, but I've not released an updated editor yet since it's a pretty minor annoyance (in my experience).
I know it's "jerky" but this two lines are drawed with the same mouse speed. The map editor on my old computer was much faster!

J

UpperKEES

What more do you want to hear?

J

Pyxis_GeeK

Virgil hasnt released a map editor with it fixed. Its more aggravating than anything else. Just wait around for the next editor if Virgil chooses to release one. Its not that big of deal anyway...

SPIFFEN

Virgil has planned to relase an new V of the map editor ,
but i dont think the mapeditor is important at the moment .
It's better if he uses his time for CW2 =D
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

J

I think that the next map editor that Virgil release the map editor of CW2 is.

UpperKEES

Quote from: virgilw on September 09, 2010, 09:48:03 AM
I've been heads down on some cw2 work... but there will be a map editor update soon.  I just need to find a day to integrate the chronom map's into the editor and fix a few things.... then I'll put it in beta.  That said, it's not the most earth shattering thing...

I have a fix that smooths it out, but I've not released an updated editor yet since it's a pretty minor annoyance (in my experience).

Just be patient....