Map submission limit

Started by Karsten75, September 25, 2010, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

It seems that as of now, Virgil has placed a limit of 5 maps by the same author in  the upload queue.

thepenguin

is that due to a number of batch submissions?

first my submission of 50 maps

now Joao Carlos has 33 maps in th queue
We have become the creeper...

Karsten75

Quote from: thepenguin on September 25, 2010, 07:26:10 PM
is that due to a number of batch submissions?

first my submission of 50 maps

now Joao Carlos has 33 maps in th queue

What do you think, genius? :P

thepenguin

ok, virgil has a good idea there

it keeps it easier for you and kees (are there other map approvers?)

and it makes sure that you don't get 126 copies of a map where the author has made one miniscule change
We have become the creeper...

SPIFFEN

UpperKEES has'nt been approving maps for an long time ,
so K75 is "alone" doing so .
( Virgil can do it , but he's busy =P )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

MadMag

Great!, should have been set to 2-3 at most. The map makers who spits out more than 2-3 maps a-day.. I don't play them..

I can easely submit 30-40 maps a-day, but where is the fun in just making maps without thinking?

Fisherck

Sounds like a great idea! And I do not think that limit should set me back anytime soon. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

SPIFFEN

Seems like Virgil is working on it right now , and the date of submitting an map is'nt considered .

We have talked about this before , so getting an line of rules for it would be nice =)
( sorry i dont remember what thread it was )

So an pinned thread about the rules would be nice ,
when you have figured out the best rules that works nice .

Right now i only have 1 map waiting for approval ,
and 2 maps that are marked as new in the custom map page .
But i still cant uploade an new map .

And i get this message :

You have too many pending maps currently.
Only two maps per author, per day will be approved. You currently have more than 5 maps pending. Wait till your pending maps are approved, then you can upload more
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

PHOENIX79

Understandable. I know I have submitted quite a few in the last day.  I work on them through the week and test them all on my day off.    Now I'll just test 2 and then do something else, like go outside for a change.   :D

Blaze

Limit? What Limit?

I Never Submit Maps So This Is A Joke.

UpperKEES

Quote from: SPIFFEN on September 25, 2010, 07:33:46 PM
UpperKEES has'nt been approving maps for an long time

Correct. I stopped reviewing about 9 weeks ago, at July 11.

Quote from: MadMag on September 25, 2010, 08:00:57 PM
Great!, should have been set to 2-3 at most. The map makers who spits out more than 2-3 maps a-day.. I don't play them..

When the approval limit is still at 2-3 per day the submission limit could indeed be the same.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

I mean the approval could be unlimited, but the submition should be limited to 2-3 pr author.

knucracker

I've placed a limit of 5 pending maps per author.  As a bonus, it is also actually working properly now :)

Regardless of the number of map moderators, we don't like to approve too many maps from the same author in one day.  So when there are a bunch of maps from the same author submitted, they sit in the pending queue and it makes the list long and irritating to manage. 

So this isn't really an issue of only having one person doing most of the map moderation, it's that too many outstanding maps makes the pending queue a pain to deal with.

I also don't want to discourage people from submitting maps, or having fun making them and publishing them.  I just wanted to put this little limit in place to help pace things a bit.

Shroom Agent 27

Great! Now my maps won't take some time after the map approving 'period' is over. Thanks! Also, (This most likely isn't going to happen) maybe more map approval people?

Blaze

Maybe a "sort-by-author" for the approvers to help sort things out a little?