how to make good maps

Started by thepenguin, August 21, 2010, 09:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

I was just wondering what you think makes a good map
We have become the creeper...

Shadow

im not a very good map maker but i think clever start ups make a good map. And different ways to win  ;)

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

You have made a number of pretty good maps. They are very clever with terrain, emitter intensity and unit availability. I am actually surprised at the range of that first bath of maps you have submitted and that "m still struggling to post.

For more maps that I like, see my "Ed's picks" thread.

thepenguin

MadMag

thepenguin

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 21, 2010, 11:26:31 AM
You have made a number of pretty good maps. They are very clever with terrain, emitter intensity and unit availability. I am actually surprised at the range of that first bath of maps you have submitted and that "m still struggling to post.

For more maps that I like, see my "Ed's picks" thread.

thanks, karsten

tried to make it so that everybody could find at least one they liked

GVS

Another good idea is to look at all the successful maps out there, play 'em and just absorb the maps. Who knodws? Maybe you'll get some inspiration. But most importantly you'll see the different aspects of a very successful map.  (at least...that's what I did. ;D )
Hey hey hey, if u click on the link below good things will happen for me (and maybe you too but who cares anyway) So click on it!

(^^^) shark

http://www.omgpop.com/?r=zpfy

thepenguin

Quote from: GorgonVonSchlichenbacher on August 27, 2010, 10:59:52 AM
Another good idea is to look at all the successful maps out there, play 'em and just absorb the maps. Who knodws? Maybe you'll get some inspiration. But most importantly you'll see the different aspects of a very successful map.  (at least...that's what I did. ;D )

that's what I try to do too, but I also try not to copy people too closely
and if my map turns out to use a major concept of their map, I always try to give them credit

UpperKEES

Quote from: thepenguin on August 27, 2010, 05:50:19 PM
that's what I try to do too, but I also try not to copy people too closely
and if my map turns out to use a major concept of their map, I always try to give them credit

Sure.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview