Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2227: Mystical box of omega doom

Author: Hypnotic22
Size: 256x160

hypnotic22

For the love of god if you value your sanity don't try this map

Grabz

Even if you use every trick possible, this map is ludicrously difficult. We took many many hours beating it.

You've been warned.

This map is a monument to human arrogance.

alche

ok, so i tried around 20 times, no joking, managed to kill the emmiters near the base and set up enough snipers and rockets to be safe. but couldnt no matter how hard i tried to get out of the southeast, eventually got overrun...
i tried with inifinite energy, and even then it was ridiculously hard, the small boxes took forever to build and the medium ones didnt give me enough units to hold the creeper...

you know how i finished in 2 and a half hours?, 999 rockets, and still it was super long.. so no...
i dont think this is winnable as is..

hypnotic22

Quote from: alche on August 27, 2021, 12:57:38 AM
ok, so i tried around 20 times, no joking, managed to kill the emmiters near the base and set up enough snipers and rockets to be safe. but couldnt no matter how hard i tried to get out of the southeast, eventually got overrun...
i tried with inifinite energy, and even then it was ridiculously hard, the small boxes took forever to build and the medium ones didnt give me enough units to hold the creeper...

you know how i finished in 2 and a half hours?, 999 rockets, and still it was super long.. so no...

are you implying something.....

alche

Quote from: hypnotic22 on August 27, 2021, 12:28:34 PM
Quote from: alche on August 27, 2021, 12:57:38 AM

lol, constant saving and realoading??? play it nomrally like a man!!!! :)
are you implying something.....

hypnotic22

alche  alche  alche, my friend, who is using the game mechanics and who is useing a cheat program. what i have created is an incredible map, brutal and relentless. next to no one are gonna complete it without cheats.
there are a few other maps that are the same, beautiful pieces of art, map that you will never complete legitimate. they show skill, game knowledge and time invested, if you resort to cheat programs and then go to the forum just to say "i dont think this is winnable as is.."
you'll never understand and appreciate them so im not gonna tell what maps i'm referring to.

i wish you good luck and good health  8)

alche

im joking , it was a great map, maybe too much for me :)

Deadl0ck

Quote from: Grabz on August 26, 2021, 06:54:19 AM
Even if you use every trick possible, this map is ludicrously difficult. We took many many hours beating it.

You've been warned.

More like a monument to the maker's arrogance, given how he talks to people. Lol

hypnotic22

Quote from: Deadl0ck on August 30, 2021, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: Grabz on August 26, 2021, 06:54:19 AM

You've been warned.

More like a monument to the maker's arrogance, given how he talks to people. Lol

i admit that i got too defensive but i have proven my skills at the game many times. Deadl0ck you have done a few post on my map Mystical box madness as well and i have to say you are not the one to point out my "arrogance". what can i say im good at the game and the map you complain about, the map you need to try 15 times to win. that map is easy to me and i don't know how to tell you that in a better way than what i did.
yes i did overreact but can you just please stop posting on my maps

Deadl0ck

Quote from: hypnotic22 on September 01, 2021, 06:36:19 PM

i admit that i got too defensive but i have proven my skills at the game many times. Deadl0ck you have done a few post on my map Mystical box madness as well and i have to say you are not the one to point out my "arrogance". what can i say im good at the game and the map you complain about, the map you need to try 15 times to win. that map is easy to me and i don't know how to tell you that in a better way than what i did.
yes i did overreact but can you just please stop posting on my maps

You claim to be good at something that's almost completely RNG based. I've played every knucklecracker game from start to end, played countless of custom maps in 3, and in 4. I don't need to brag how good I am or not, I'm not the best, I'm not the worst. But I sure as hell would NEVER tell other people to get good, if they have fair critisism of an unbalanced system. Skill has no meaning when you are dealing with an unbalanced system and your first 10 spawns are useless for early defense. Not to mention that I'm not even referring to how you talked to me. I have noticed this in ALL your interactions with people on box maps.

Also the argument "I can do it, so everyone should be able to do it" is a complete falsehood when you're the designer of the map. You know all the tricks and points of attack as you map them out, but others have no clue about what you were thinking when you made the map.

If you want me to stop pointing out your arrogance, stop reacting to people who voice critisism by being arrogant, and claiming in one way or another that they aren't good enough to play your maps, and lying that you can't do anything about it, when you mean that you just don't want to do anything because you don't care.

Grabz

Quote from: Deadl0ck on September 07, 2021, 09:36:29 AM
You claim to be good at something that's almost completely RNG based.
I don't think you realize when you make this claim that with the exception of this map, we can beat pretty much every box map posted until today first try with no save scumming - hypnotic22 especially, as he together with a few other people on the discord are pretty much the best CW4 players there are. You can absolutely be good at anything and this gamemode is sufficiently different from regular CW4 to require its own set of thinking while at the same time also challenging your knowledge of intricate CW4 mechanics.

Deadl0ck

Quote from: Grabz on September 08, 2021, 06:45:27 AM
Quote from: Deadl0ck on September 07, 2021, 09:36:29 AM
You claim to be good at something that's almost completely RNG based.
I don't think you realize when you make this claim that with the exception of this map, we can beat pretty much every box map posted until today first try with no save scumming - hypnotic22 especially, as he together with a few other people on the discord are pretty much the best CW4 players there are. You can absolutely be good at anything and this gamemode is sufficiently different from regular CW4 to require its own set of thinking while at the same time also challenging your knowledge of intricate CW4 mechanics.

Entirely possible, I wouldn't know. I beat your fortress map in 1 go as well, without save scumming. What I do know is that if someone wields their mastery over a video game as something to claim they're better than other people, and talk down to others, they're displaying an arrogance that just makes them look desperate and sad. I have no issue with them being good, or better at the game than most. I have issue with them acting as if that makes them a better person overall, and talking down to others.

What I have issue with is the attitude of taking your todger out and swinging it around like bertie big bollocks and telling people they're just not good enough for your maps, on a public forum, in a public accessible game. It's fine when you're a heel in Pro Wrestling, not in every day life. Which is something, in my eyes, that Hypnotic22 has done to most people that commented on the difficulty of his maps.

Whereas you, Grabz, didn't comment that much, instead you took your amazing concept, and made it more accessible to the masses, based on the feedback given. Which is an attitude I admire and compliment you for, as evidenced by my response to your recent map. You chose to be inclusive of others, rather than act elitist about it all. I respect people for how they treat others, especially in public settings, not for their skill at a game modded to be reliant on RNG.

hypnotic22

Quote from: Deadl0ck on September 08, 2021, 07:53:44 AM

Entirely possible, I wouldn't know. I beat your fortress map in 1 go as well, without save scumming. What I do know is that if someone wields their mastery over a video game as something to claim they're better than other people, and talk down to others, they're displaying an arrogance that just makes them look desperate and sad. I have no issue with them being good, or better at the game than most. I have issue with them acting as if that makes them a better person overall, and talking down to others.

What I have issue with is the attitude of taking your todger out and swinging it around like bertie big bollocks and telling people they're just not good enough for your maps, on a public forum, in a public accessible game. It's fine when you're a heel in Pro Wrestling, not in every day life. Which is something, in my eyes, that Hypnotic22 has done to most people that commented on the difficulty of his maps.

Whereas you, Grabz, didn't comment that much, instead you took your amazing concept, and made it more accessible to the masses, based on the feedback given. Which is an attitude I admire and compliment you for, as evidenced by my response to your recent map. You chose to be inclusive of others, rather than act elitist about it all. I respect people for how they treat others, especially in public settings, not for their skill at a game modded to be reliant on RNG.

Deadl0ck just back away and stop, accept that some random person who have no effect on your life called you average at a game and move on.
calling out your skill and saying "you don't suck at the game but you might be average" (https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=39233) (post number 9)  is ok, because we are talking about the game. what you are doing at the moment is not. keep your next post to only the map or the game, if not i might actually get angry at you. this is a place to discuss the map and the game. >:(

i'll love to give you tips and tricks on how to get better at the game, but i clearly don't want your opinions on how to make maps and you can't force me to listen. i craft maps for myself most of the time and im free to do that. i enjoy the maps i make and i'm not gonna change.  ;D
once more i encourage you to make your own maps, show me what a better box map is in your point of view.  ;)