Hardest map video comp.

Started by F0R, July 11, 2010, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F0R

Post your nominations for the hardest map ever. Once we get a bunch of maps you can vote for the hardest

1st 5pts
2nd 4pts
3rd 3pts
4th 2pts
5th 1pt

Dont vote until we get all our maps up. Just nominate maps.
Creeper Swirl Plus by Berman post
Nice Job 25: The Developer By UpperKEES
Living off the land By Bort
Alien Alter Ruin by Sauffaus
Stairsteps to death by Karmon3
RIDGE TO RIDGE by REAVER2010

UpperKEES

My hardest map (Hard Art 10: Firebirds) will be out 5 weeks from now. Will that be in time?

And do you have to have a score for a map to be able to nominate it?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

F0R

probly not due to no one can test it and probly yes you do. But if you find a map is possible but no score it might be up to the other players to decide if the map is possible. And is it hard.

UpperKEES

See here for many hard maps mentioned by various people (including me) and here for another hardest map competition.

My own map Nice Job 25: The Developer isn't easy either.

And I guess you should consider some maps made by BermanPost if you like to give these a try.

J

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 11, 2010, 10:50:19 PM
here for another hardest map competition.
Just wait until best map is ready...

EDIT: UNlocked, now people can post the hardest maps, but I don't start healing.

Karsten75

Could someone please explain the word "video" in this thread's title?  Or, failing that, restate the title so that it actually makes sense?

F0R

mthw and i are making a vid on the top 5 hardest maps and posting it on youtube. So Jstudio this is not a copy thread  :D

UpperKEES

Oh, in that case you might want to ask the author if he/she likes the solution to be spoiled, especially when you post the link in the comments. I would prefer it when this is not done for my maps (despite the fact I give a lot of tips and hints), although I'm sure none of my current maps will be part of the 5 hardest custom maps ever.

To avoid copying/stealing a thread you could consider posting all nominations in JStudio's topic and use the obtained hurt/heal result to determine the maps for video's.

BermanPost

Quote from: F0R on July 11, 2010, 10:36:47 PM
Post your nominations for the hardest map ever. Once we get a bunch of maps you can vote for the hardest

1st 5pts
2nd 4pts
3rd 3pts
4th 2pts
5th 1pt

Dont vote until we get all our maps up. Just nominate maps.
Creeper Swirl Plus by Berman post
Nice Job 25: The Developer By UpperKEES
Living off the land By Bort
Alien Alter Ruin by Sauffaus
Stairsteps to death by Karmon3
RIDGE TO RIDGE by REAVER2010

I appreciate the nomination, though I have a question.  Of my maps why did you choose Creeper Swirl Plus over Artillery 4 (BermanPost)?  I go back on fourth on which one of those I think is my hardest map and am curious of your rational.

F0R

becauase its extremely hard to cap the emitters. But if you want me to put in that map i will.

BermanPost

Quote from: F0R on July 12, 2010, 07:01:52 PM
becauase its extremely hard to cap the emitters. But if you want me to put in that map i will.

You can do which ever you want, or both, up to you.  I just ask if you give away a secret or trick to any of my maps you slap a 'spoiler' warning on it as I do when people ask for hints.

UpperKEES