High Score Hackers

Started by Kamron3, January 05, 2010, 11:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Most of the High Scores are impossible...

I can't couldn't beat Loki's highscore, even with ch33t c0d3s... (which do exist by the way. I'm not going to say anything here)

I'm going to send Virgil a mail, even if he already knows, and I am going to have him fix this bug and clear all the high scores...

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on January 05, 2010, 11:25:00 AM

I'm going to send Virgil a mail, even if he already knows, and I am going to have him fix this bug and clear all the high scores...

Wow. You can *make* Virgil do things? Or did you mean you were going to ask/suggest that he does it? And what about legit high scores? Not everybodyon that list  is a cheat.

I think at best Virgil should have it so that the high scores are reflected on a daily, weekly basis. Then ppl can eventually see that some of the older scores were haxxed, but the legit high scores will still be around.

Kamron3

>=o Virgil does my biddings.

No, I was saying that I am going to have him do it(suggested idea).

Most likely he wouldn't leave hacked scores up there on the HS. It is no fun to have unbeatable scores.

_k

SPIFFEN

Virgil tryes to do everyone pleased ( my experiences so far  :) ) ,
But ofcourse he will priorty things the MODs says before things others says .
There is'nt enought time to please everybody all the time =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Siccles

the problem is, scores are stored on the players computer, meaning, that even if the highscores are cleared they can just send these scores again, so the only solution would be a new patch, which clears all scores and only enables people with this patch to send highscores.

Young

Loki high score is I don't know. That Matty! has some weird scores. 9250. You don't even get thor until later than that. It doesn't make any sense. I believe most of the high scores are legitimate except his.

If I push real hard I can get in a few seconds to the top tier players so I know it's duoable.

Siccles

some maps arenot doable in the time some people did it, and its not only Loki

Young

Quote from: Siccles on January 05, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
some maps arenot doable in the time some people did it, and its not only Loki

Name someone.

Siccles

Vela with 9309 i dont see how that could be possible

Young

Aurzel

Siccles

bug abusing is just about as bad as hacking... as if you didnot notice, I opened that thread :P

Young

Quote from: Siccles on January 05, 2010, 01:24:42 PM
bug abusing is just about as bad as hacking... as if you didnot notice, I opened that thread :P

I believe he is just stating.

However regardless of that fact there are simple programs out there to easily hack this game. AKA max energy etc.

Aurzel

young's right i was merely stating that the bug's been brought up, in fact siccles' shown it's workable by getting a perfect 10000 with it, which i hope we can get rid of long with the bug

knucracker

Some people hack the scores by running the game through a memory debugger and goofing with memory.  There is really nothing I can do to prevent this, I can only make it more difficult, which only makes it more appealing for people to do.

The build any unit bug is being fixed in the update (along with some new features!), but that won't be the end of score hacking.  Honestly, score hacking is just a fact of life for online games.  Most losers, er hackers, post their cheat score and then move on because they are juveniles that have the attention span of a hungry rhesus monkey.  Some revisit and post their hacked scores over a week or two as they ramble through their boredom filled lives and occasionally revisit CW.  But at the end of the day posting a hacked score wins you exactly nothing.  There is really no upside to it or value to the cheater.

Now the scores make the most sense when you enter a group name anyway.  You can compete with your buddies, family, school mates, or co-workers for bragging rights in your little clan.

As for clearing the scores, I have thought about moving to a 2 week, 3 day system anyway.  As in the first table in high scores is for the last two weeks and the second table is for the last 3 days.  (Numbers might vary).  Right now the tables are 'all time' and 1 week.

If both tables become expiring tables then cheater scores don't become permanent fixtures unless the cheater makes a career out of it (when there are plenty of better things to do).  But even in that case I'll start to notice and start banning IPs, names, score values, etc. to try to keep it mostly clean.