Custom Map #133: Level 3. By: Zack

Started by AutoPost, January 20, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #133: Level 3

Author: Zack
Size: 255x255

Desc:
My third map! Because of I didn't know how to use shield keys before, you need the shield keys from Level 1 and Level 2. Press F to fire something that destroys all creeper in range. (As long as you have at least 100 ammo and 100 anti-creeper!) Also, this map has flip emitters. I hope you loke it!

Helper

This was a good game to play - lots of different approaches the player can take.
You might want to point out that we have to destroy all of the Emitters, not just 'flip' them. It makes a difference in tactics.
Your custom device for throwing A/C bombs appears to just pick a random direction. The second one I launched went to the top left (middle of my Reactor field) and just sat there.

RE:
"(As long as you have at least 100 ammo and 100 anti-creeper!)"

What does "100 ammo" mean?

Thanks for your work on this game. I'll play it again.
H

Helper

Playing a map without Totems is like drinking non-alcoholic beer...it KIND OF reminds you of the real thing.

teknotiss

when Karsten, Helper and i agree either:
1 the universe has become unstable and an even stranger place than it was before  :o or,
2 you should listen since we must be right.  ::)
in this instance i think it's 2  :D

please add some totems or an aether pack or 2 if you want to limit tech advancing. still fun maps so far, just slow cos of no tech

Edit: ok just found some aether packs, so cheers dude! my mistake (in not turning the C opaque or looking at the map harder when starting ::))
fun map, but my new request is.... don't be so stingy with the AC man! 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on January 21, 2014, 04:22:20 PM
when Karsten, Helper and i agree either:
1 the universe has become unstable and an even stranger place than it was before  :o or,

L'ingOL

I've played it twicet now and might go again when my eyeballs quit bleeding.
(That bottom right Aether pack is the largest I recall seeing, but a battle to get to.)

Katra

This special weapon is at least somewhat useful, doing approximately the damage of a Bertha round. (Takes about as long to load -100 energy and 100 AC) There seems to be a bit of a bug; because when the special weapon hits creeper the game goes into pause. (Also, a round accidentally fired at a creeper free spot landed and sat there for the rest of the game. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.)

Nice map; though I completely forgot that these were flip emitters. ;)

The bottom right aether pack wasn't too hard to reach with 5 berthas for cover fire.  ;D (I started with one CN on the bottom edge and the other two near the special weapon for two bases.)

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on January 29, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
How the M*****F****** Hell do you flip these emitters?

Dude, you can't say 'Hell' on a family forum.

Damn - I said 'Hell'.

, I said 'Damn'...

Hmm.

This might take a while...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Helper

@Caveman - Live from the Roxy theater...It's George Carlin as the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman.

@Th3ch053n0n3 - lighten up dude, lots of younger folks hanging around this site.

All 'flip' Emitters are flipped by either Creeper (for A/C Emitters) or Anti-Creeper (for Creeper Emitters).

teknotiss

hey zack, i'm making a map using your nullifyable flip-mitters and i have a couple of questions about your scripts.
basically what do the Bombs.crpl and Conv.crpl scripts do?
the keyz.crpl is for the key you collect?
and i think i understand the Flip.crpl  ::) does what it says on the tin, right?
so if i just want the Flip script would deleting the others cause issues?
cheers for making them too!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

knucracker

A quick note about this map...
It was reported by two folks and in at least one case it was because the map insta-failed when they started it.  Now this isn't a reason to report a map (there is nothing to be censored in a map that doesn't 'work'), but it could have gotten the map redacted by the auto detection logic on the server.  Anyway, I have made it so this map can't be redacted by anyone else who reports it.

That said, of course the reason it insta-fails it because of the lack of the pre-requisite shield keys having been collected (that's what I think anyway).  As a style note it would be best to popup a message or something very obvious before the insta-fail so that players can know that the map is 'locked'.  That will prevent down votes, reports, etc. in the future.  So just a note for any future map maker who wants to tie a map to the completion of others.

As for this map... very cool.  I really enjoyed the flip emitters and deciding what order to attack them in.

ZackNAttack

Quote from: Helper on January 21, 2014, 08:34:21 AM
This was a good game to play - lots of different approaches the player can take.
You might want to point out that we have to destroy all of the Emitters, not just 'flip' them. It makes a difference in tactics.
Your custom device for throwing A/C bombs appears to just pick a random direction. The second one I launched went to the top left (middle of my Reactor field) and just sat there.

RE:
"(As long as you have at least 100 ammo and 100 anti-creeper!)"

What does "100 ammo" mean?

Thanks for your work on this game. I'll play it again.
H

100 ammo is the red packets.
Zack on cw3

ZackNAttack

Quote from: teknotiss on January 30, 2014, 03:19:49 PM
hey zack, i'm making a map using your nullifyable flip-mitters and i have a couple of questions about your scripts.
basically what do the Bombs.crpl and Conv.crpl scripts do?
the keyz.crpl is for the key you collect?
and i think i understand the Flip.crpl  ::) does what it says on the tin, right?
so if i just want the Flip script would deleting the others cause issues?
cheers for making them too!  8)

Bombs.crpl is for the large entity at the top-left corner of the level. Conv.crpl is the objects it shoots.

No, the Keyz.crpl is the script that checks if you have the keys for Level 1 and Level 2 (my previously posted levels).

No, deleting Bombs.crpl, Conv.crpl, and Keyz.crpl would not cause an issue with using the Flip script.

However, using Bombs.crpl without Conv.crpl would cause an issue.
Zack on cw3

teknotiss

Quote from: ZackNAttack on February 12, 2014, 09:09:38 PM
Bombs.crpl is for the large entity at the top-left corner of the level. Conv.crpl is the objects it shoots.

No, the Keyz.crpl is the script that checks if you have the keys for Level 1 and Level 2 (my previously posted levels).

No, deleting Bombs.crpl, Conv.crpl, and Keyz.crpl would not cause an issue with using the Flip script.

However, using Bombs.crpl without Conv.crpl would cause an issue.

cool cheers dude!

Mexxor-Dinair

I played the first and the second level.
But when I have 100 ammo and AC and then press "F", nothing happens?  ???
Every beginning comes to an end.