Custom Map #133: Level 3. By: Zack

Started by AutoPost, January 20, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

The ammo and AC has to be *in* the custom unit to fire. I struggled a little with that as well.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Mexxor-Dinair

But, when does the AC go into the unit?
Because the ammo goes right away, does the AC in the CN's need to be full or something?
Every beginning comes to an end.

teknotiss

Quote from: Mexxor-Dinair on February 13, 2014, 02:46:00 PM
But, when does the AC go into the unit?
Because the ammo goes right away, does the AC in the CN's need to be full or something?

once you get some ore in a CN it should just be sent to any unit (including this special one) that demands it. the CN will fill with AC if the ore supply exceeds AC demand
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mexxor-Dinair

Normally, it should go to the unit, i guess.
But my CN's are full and the AC- shooter doesn't get anything, it is connected directly to a command node though

ZackNAttack

The problem is, apparently, units aren't meant to have an ammo bar and an ac bar, so the ammo bar is on the ac bar. :o
Zack on cw3

Mexxor-Dinair

That could be, but I think it would still fire stuff, even if you could not see the AC Bar?

Grayzzur

Your first two maps were a little boring and spread out. This one was much more interesting. The aether really helps keep it from being too slow. I actually only played the first two to unlock this one, after seeing some of the comments on it.

A couple of suggestions:

Your special emitters don't display how much creeper they are pumping out. I'd set the popup text to indicate numbers like a regular emitter.

The special unit that fires the anti-creeper bombs - it wasn't clear how to aim. I wasted several before figuring out they were going to where the mouse pointer is. Work out some kind of targeting reticle, or at least inform the user how to aim. Popup text on the unit would work here too.

I'm curious what awaits us for Level 4.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

ZackNAttack

Quote from: Mexxor-Dinair on February 13, 2014, 04:45:15 PM
That could be, but I think it would still fire stuff, even if you could not see the AC Bar?
I mean, you might not have enough AC to fire.
Zack on cw3

Grauniad

I know it fired for me when I played your map.

Mexxor-Dinair

Quote from: ZackNAttack on February 14, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

You mean, like 300 AC isn't enought to fire a weapon that need a hundred AC?

ZackNAttack

Quote from: Mexxor-Dinair on February 15, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

I mean, you might not have enough AC to fire, but you don't know that because of the ammo bar is covering it.
Zack on cw3

Mexxor-Dinair

Quote from: ZackNAttack on February 15, 2014, 08:43:50 PM
Quote from: Mexxor-Dinair on February 15, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

I mean, you might not have enough AC to fire, but you don't know that because of the ammo bar is covering it.
I think I figured out what my problem was: I played the map again, but waited with getting anything to the weapon until I had enough AC, instead of immediately powering it up with ammo from the beginning. now it works, but whenever I shoot, the game pauses

Grauniad

Mexxor-Dinair

Oh, I do, its not really a problem.  :)

Johnny Haywire

I know this is an old thread but I'm kinda new so I'm just getting around to playing some of these maps.

Dude, I like the premise of your maps. But they're soooo crazy huge and empty. I would have loved to do this map if it had the same # of emitters but only about 1/4 the size. As it is I started it, made 20 berthas and then realized it was going to be like playing tic-tac-toe vs. a 3-year-old... for a couple hours.

I dunno if you're still making maps. If you are, it'd be cool to make something smaller so it'd be more challenging AND less time consuming. Thanks for your hard work on the maps!  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?