J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMag

Miniland II - Very fun map! Keep`em coming :)

ThirdParty

I second the "Keep 'em coming".  These are really nice maps.

Helper

J

And again, a new map: Miniland 3!
Small map, 4 emitters, and addictional replay value as there are 2 landing zones and only one CN!
Spoiler

Helper

Quote from: J on December 07, 2013, 01:04:42 PM
And again, a new map: Miniland 3!

I had a rough start, but managed to finish. Have to give it another go.
Fun map.

ThirdParty

Played through it from each landing pad.  The option that looked easier was indeed easier.

This one was fun too, but I'm getting a little tired of ridges.  I find myself hoping that the next installment will feature some other terrain type, such as islands.

J

Quote from: ThirdParty on December 07, 2013, 06:15:17 PM
Played through it from each landing pad.  The option that looked easier was indeed easier.

This one was fun too, but I'm getting a little tired of ridges.  I find myself hoping that the next installment will feature some other terrain type, such as islands.
How would you imagine an island type map that is hard at start and once you have a stable base, easy to finish?
All I can say is that I'm often experimenting with new types of terrain but ridges are so far the best that fit my playing style.

Annonymus

Maybe where you are on the island, the ocean is the creeper and you have to defend yourself? This also opens much space for CRPL if you want to (tsunamis for example).
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

ThirdParty

Quote from: J on December 08, 2013, 11:58:43 AMHow would you imagine an island type map that is hard at start and once you have a stable base, easy to finish?
All I can say is that I'm often experimenting with new types of terrain but ridges are so far the best that fit my playing style.
I don't know, I just remember a lot of fun island maps in CW1.  Maps where building relays across flooded channels was easier than draining those channels.

J

Quote from: ThirdParty on December 08, 2013, 12:43:45 PM
I don't know, I just remember a lot of fun island maps in CW1.  Maps where building relays across flooded channels was easier than draining those channels.
The problem is that it doesn't challenge your starting posistion and finally nullifying the emitters can take up some time. The only thing that I might still try is putting an emitter on your starting island while somewhere else the creeper rapidly reaches dangerous heights. Maps like 'the bowl' (CW:TS) can also be pretty hard without using a lot of creeper.

J

ThirdParty

Great!  Possibly my favorite one yet.

Clean0nion

Quote from: ThirdParty on December 08, 2013, 05:43:49 PM
Great!  Possibly my favorite one yet.
J - you see what I mean?
(I told J I wasn't a fan of the, gave my reasons, explained there were other fans of this style who would hold a different opinion

J

Clean0nion - you see what I mean?
You don't need CRPL for a map to be good ;) and the version you played was way too hard, all of the 5 emitters were weakened a bit before posting the map here.
3P - Nice to see someone liking my map(s) =J
(I usually get a lot of downvotes from the general audience (CW2))

Helper

#4 is #1!

Very nicely done.