J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavemaniac

Quote from: J on December 09, 2013, 02:42:33 AM
Nice to see someone liking my map(s) =J
(I usually get a lot of downvotes from the general audience (CW2))

I'm gonna have to wait 'till my daughter grows up a bit before I can really have a crack at all these awesome maps that are coming on line - at two months old, I'm either tending to her, working or sleeping...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grayzzur

Miniland 4 was fun. Gotta keep an eye on the whole map while you play, or that creeper will sneak up on you from another direction.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Helper

Quote from: Cavemaniac on December 09, 2013, 01:46:46 PM
...I'm either tending to her, working or sleeping...

Don't worry - in about 18 years or so, that will ease up...a bit.

J

Anyone who think Miniland is too big? Here's Tinyland! Only 25% of standard map size!
Spoiler

ThirdParty

Seemed very easy.  With three CNs and an energy deposit, I had no trouble getting a cannon onto each of the four ridges at the start, after which it was just a matter of pushing outward.

Helper

RE: The 18 pack.

Can't even get out of the gate.
Spoiler
I started with Relay and finished, but that tech doesn't show up in any other map I try.
Is there some way to pick up additional techs/keys without a Relay or Collector?
[close]

J

Did you proceed to the next frame? That should make the tech show up. Addictionally, can you try the updated beam map to see if they show up without unpausing?

@3P, I'll take another look at the tinyland map soon to see if I can make it more challenging (and thus more rewarding to finish)

Helper

Quote from: J on December 15, 2013, 07:51:02 AM
Did you proceed to the next frame? That should make the tech show up. Addictionally, can you try the updated beam map to see if they show up without unpausing?

Hi J - I don't know what you mean by 'next frame'. I was able to get the Relay tech and the key ; finishing the game in about 37 seconds. I closed out as normal by submitting my score, then tried several other games - but none showed the Relay tech available.

To clarify - I moved all of your *.cw3 files to:
C:\Users\MyName\Documents\CreeperWorld3\Finalized

[EDIT to add the "Finalized" folder.]

Thanks,
H

Helper

"Finalized" folder:

J

Did you unpause? (note that the 'new' beam map should have it unlocked directly at start) The place where you load it from (finalized map folder or using the load map planet) doesn't matter. If this all still doesn't work you might need to replay the relay map (as in the story missions there were also some cases where maps had to be replayed).

EDIT: (comment on new reply) do those work in-game? (normally you got to keep them in a seperate folder each (I simply packed all folders in my finalized folder))

Helper

"unpause" - I saw that earlier, but wasn't clever enough to figure out what it meant!

As soon as I hit the "P" key, I had the relay tech available.
Thank you much...I am moving on down the road.

Clean0nion

Quote from: J on December 15, 2013, 08:18:17 AM
do those work in-game? (normally you got to keep them in a seperate folder each (I simply packed all folders in my finalized folder))
I think he's loading them using the Load File option.

J

Updated Tinyland: still only 25% of total map size, but a lot harder now (I didn't even have a stable base by the time I finished the old version)
Spoiler

@Helper do you get the techs without unpausing in the updated beam map? (download) (you can use that map as a replacement for the original beam map as it has the same key in it)

Helper

"I think he's loading them using the Load File option."

I wasn't aware of any other way to load map from file. Please enlighten me.

Quote from: J on December 15, 2013, 12:03:58 PM
@Helper do you get the techs without unpausing in the updated beam map? (download) (you can use that map as a replacement for the original beam map as it has the same key in it)

Spoiler

So far, I only have the Relay, Collector, and Sprayer (in that order). Am not able to complete the Beam yet.
[close]

Clean0nion

Quote from: Helper on December 15, 2013, 02:56:28 PM
Please enlighten me.
Enlighten you I shall! In the main menu, head to the bottom in the star system that is apparently named "DMD". Yes, I know it's the DMD. One of the planets is named "Load File". Click it, and you'll be taken to a shoddy CW version of Windows Explorer. Find your .cw3 file, open it up, and away you go.