J's maps (Tinyland)

Started by J, November 04, 2013, 09:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThirdParty

Quote from: J on December 15, 2013, 12:03:58 PMUpdated Tinyland: still only 25% of total map size, but a lot harder now
Cool.  Still much easier than the Minilands, but now it felt like a bit of a challenge.

Helper

@CO - right.
I use the "Load File" function from the main panel. Must have misunderstood your earlier comment - thought there was some other method to 'load' a map.

H

Clean0nion

I just came here to say this.
Spoiler
You added a red teleporter thing that said "Press space!" So I pressed space. The map restarted.
Spoiler
WHY WHOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME, J? WHYY?
[close]
[close]
Thank you, everybody else, for ignoring this.

Flabort

J, I wanted to say, when I made it to the Alpha Sector after beating the story mode (got stuck on that 2nd to last for some time), and saw how many worlds you'd made in it, my jaw dropped a little.
So far I've beat Childs Play, The Totem (no number), and Wallsaver.
...Wallsaver. Just how much code went into making that?!
And you wrote it was a preview, or a demo, or something like that. That makes me wonder what you could be planning. What could you be planning.....

Also, downloading the 18.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

J

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 15, 2013, 05:47:09 PM
I just came here to say this.
Spoiler
You added a red teleporter thing that said "Press space!" So I pressed space. The map restarted.
Spoiler
WHY WHOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME, J? WHYY?
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
Took me a while to understand what you were saying =P but the background text clearly says restart. I also made it red to make it look 'bad' so that people won't go in without looking at it. I might need to make the bg text more clear (using a brighter set of backgrounds). I can't do anything about the press space popup.
[close]

Quote from: Flabort on December 16, 2013, 01:05:38 AM
...Wallsaver. Just how much code went into making that?!
And you wrote it was a preview, or a demo, or something like that. That makes me wonder what you could be planning. What could you be planning.....
I said it was a simulator (if memory serves correctly). I might do a bigger wallsaver map but I have nothing planned. (my current plans are: spacedome (hopefully coming up soon) and units map pack 2 (next summer))
The code was pretty simple after all, as the code for wall decay was already in the game. I just needed to move the wall properly and invert the score at the end (and check if the walls are still alive).

Helper

18 pack -
I managed to get everything except the Terp.
Would sure love to see some screen shots from those who finished that one - and to know the finish times.

J

Quote from: Helper on December 16, 2013, 05:16:31 PM
18 pack -
I managed to get everything except the Terp.
Would sure love to see some screen shots from those who finished that one - and to know the finish times.
Where lies the problem?
Spoiler
Manage your mainland properly to fit max reactors, bertha's and still have room for a few units. You can juggle multiple groups of mortars to help your bertha's. If you use a relay on the PZ you can reach center island, and with a PZ relay on top island you should be able to bridge the entire gap. Use guppy's until then.
[close]

Helper

I think I have the basic concept for Terp, but it's looking like my method is going to be one heck of a slog.
One reason why I was curious on finish times.

BTW - I sent a Guppy up to build a Collector for the 'Key', but I guess I need to connect with the CN?

J

Yes you need to connect the key to the SN. I would advise nullifying the spore tower and AET first so you can connect it to your mainland using a PZ relay. You also should try building more reactors as you are pretty much starving there.

Helper

Quote from: J on December 17, 2013, 10:28:36 AM
I would advise nullifying the spore tower and AET first so you can connect it to your mainland using a PZ relay.

I agree, but that is going to take some doing. I'm 26+ minutes into the game and the Creeper is stacked up 300+ high on the upper right quadrant. I'm still curious to know what some of the other finishing times were. Do you have any screen shots of how you did this one?

Quote from: J on December 17, 2013, 10:28:36 AM
You also should try building more reactors as you are pretty much starving there.
Concur.

J

The emitter only emits to 2000 for the first minutes. So as long as you keep shooting, the creeper should decrease. Sending some mortars might help.

Helper

For future (or current) players:
The finishing times range from 23:20 to 2:03:51.
I ended up at 36:21

teknotiss

in your units maps info text on this thread you say "18 maps you can play in any order you like, just make sure you have the correct techs from other worlds. Each missions has one tech artifact and one shield key. Finish a world and you can use the tech found there on all other 17 missions! This means you'll have to find out in which order you can play the maps." (italics added) since i clearly can't play them in any order it'd be nice to know which order/s is/are correct.
ps i haven't finished the collector map and still have the tech on the blaster map, so you don't need to finish maps just grab the tech.
i like the idea, but playing them all to work out which i need to do in order isn't something i find fun personally, perhaps some clues in map to push us a little in the right direction at least for the first map or two? anyway still a good idea even if i don't like the jumping in and out of maps part.  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

Quote from: teknotiss on December 26, 2013, 11:36:17 AM
in your units maps info text on this thread you say "18 maps you can play in any order you like,
means I didn't put any hard limits on the order, you can start all maps but that doesn't mean you can win them
just make sure you have the correct techs from other worlds. Each missions has one tech artifact and one shield key. Finish a world and you can use the tech found there on all other 17 missions! This means you'll have to find out in which order you can play the maps." (italics added) since i clearly can't play them in any order it'd be nice to know which order/s is/are correct.
In colonial space, I did push you a bit in the correct direction, all descriptions say that you should play relay first and in the relay map you can find information on which maps don't need nullifiers. Somewhere the intended order is hidden (you can't find it by just playing the maps) however finding the correct order is the biggest part of the puzzle. You might even be able to find out the intended order by determining the most important techs needed for a mission as for most missions you need the tech of the mission before it (and of course I sometimes failed to do that =P ).

teknotiss

oh i forgot there was some info in the relay text, i have a terrible memory. well hmm i guess i need to find a notebook and then have a look at the relay conversations again  ::)
problem is there are sooo many maps from all the users and the DMD that i tend to hop from one users to anothers, this is obviously not helpful with your series, perhaps i need to focus better  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus