Titan Suggestions

Started by ShadowDragon7015, February 24, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwerle

G.E.V. platform.

Big enough to carry a single regular unit.  Enough battery to power it for a [short] time.  Enough maneuverability so that it could handle very minor terrain differences/changes.

Could it 'slide' over creeper?  Maybe.  Until it runs out of power.  How fast would it be?  Pretty slow.

There are times when you just want to push forward a little bit.  The slow forward offensive.  I can imagine this may be especially true for maps with air cover.

MizInIA

Quote from: kwerle on June 03, 2013, 11:08:03 AM
G.E.V. platform.

Big enough to carry a single regular unit.  Enough battery to power it for a [short] time.  Enough maneuverability so that it could handle very minor terrain differences/changes.

Could it 'slide' over creeper?  Maybe.  Until it runs out of power.  How fast would it be?  Pretty slow.

There are times when you just want to push forward a little bit.  The slow forward offensive.  I can imagine this may be especially true for maps with air cover.

i don't get the point. "regular" units can move on their own and have their own energy/ammo reserve. unless you meant that it could let the unit "hover" over the creeper and fire without the "regular" unit taking damage until the G.E.V. ran out of power. this could also be accomplished by cycling a fleet of "regular" units into and out of the hot zone as they run out of ammo and take damage.

Ronini

Quote from: MizInIA on June 03, 2013, 12:12:23 PM
Quote from: kwerle on June 03, 2013, 11:08:03 AM
G.E.V. platform.

i don't get the point. "regular" units can move on their own and have their own energy/ammo reserve. unless you meant that it could let the unit "hover" over the creeper and fire without the "regular" unit taking damage until the G.E.V. ran out of power. this could also be accomplished by cycling a fleet of "regular" units into and out of the hot zone as they run out of ammo and take damage.

I think the idea was to have the unit firing while moving. Ultimately not that useful. In comparison to other method, such as stated above, that is.

MizInIA

Quote from: Ronini on June 03, 2013, 12:53:30 PM

I think the idea was to have the unit firing while moving. Ultimately not that useful. In comparison to other method, such as stated above, that is.

I think you are right.
I have thought at times that it would be nice if the ground forces could fire while moving (especially in CW2 since the packets are wireless) but it would really only be useful as long as the weapon is connected to the grid(CW1 & 3) since it would then be out of ammo when it reaches it's destination.
An example is when you are low on energy and don't have enough(perceived) to support more blasters. if the blaster you have at the front could keep firing while creeping forward then the collector that is just at the edge of the creeper would not get overrun while the blaster is moving.

Neko187

the HYENA [High Yield ENtropic Armament]

launches a charge that explodes on contact, doing several things:
-Terraforms all terrain within the radius to a level proportionate to the distance from the blast as well as the distance from the mean terrain height.
-similarly multiplies the rate of creeper dissipation proportionate to the distance from the blast
-erases all digitalis in the area
-kills all runners in the area [no explosions?]
-spores above the area deleted
-all player units in the area are destroyed
-all resources in the area are destroyed
-could create a lasting Entropic Field, damaging all units that pass through it
-could erase power zones in the area too

This would obviously have to have a small range, and would need a lot of energy to charge up.
As a balancing measure, the shot itself could destroy the HYENA with it too, or disrupt connections/weapons fire/etc, or it could require a power zone to operate, consuming the power zone when it fires
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

dhc

Liking the HYENA.

Could be an Artifact of Odin class weapon (H).

ShadowDragon7015

Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

dhc

That would make it fit even more into the AoO class: 

Earlier civilization...
faced with a massive threat...
desperate...

Nuke it!

Looks like the plot of nearly every science fiction movie since Godzilla.

Kingo

Quote from: Sushiman118 on June 03, 2013, 04:27:35 PM
the HYENA [High Yield ENtropic Armament]

launches a charge that explodes on contact, doing several things:
-Terraforms all terrain within the radius to a level proportionate to the distance from the blast as well as the distance from the mean terrain height.
-similarly multiplies the rate of creeper dissipation proportionate to the distance from the blast
-erases all digitalis in the area
-kills all runners in the area [no explosions?]
-spores above the area deleted
-all player units in the area are destroyed
-all resources in the area are destroyed
-could create a lasting Entropic Field, damaging all units that pass through it
-could erase power zones in the area too

This would obviously have to have a small range, and would need a lot of energy to charge up.
As a balancing measure, the shot itself could destroy the HYENA with it too, or disrupt connections/weapons fire/etc, or it could require a power zone to operate, consuming the power zone when it fires

So basically... it creates a dead zone?
I would like the option to use this. Would make for some interesting choice-based custom maps...
Do you struggle to take the high ground, or do you just nuke it and turn it into a dead zone and move on?
My only suggestion is for it to be able to destroy creeper.

TrickyDragon

Add in a temporary stun for enemy towers and its a deal....
This is Life,  Life happens.

BGMFH

Quote from: Kingo on June 03, 2013, 09:04:48 PM
My only suggestion is for it to be able to destroy creeper.

Nah, I prefer the idea of PUSHING the creeper in an outward explosion.  Adds an element of risk to the detonation, in that it may force a bunch of creeper into otherwise "safe" areas.

ShadowDragon7015

Pushing the creeper wouldn't be helpful.  :-\
I know if it just pushed the creeper i wouldn't use it.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

BGMFH

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on June 04, 2013, 05:26:09 PM

Maybe have two radii? Inner radii kills creeper, outer radii pushes it HARD.  Also would mean that the area would be clear for a bit...

theogeer

Quote from: BGMFH on June 04, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Maybe have two radii? Inner radii kills creeper, outer radii pushes it HARD.  Also would mean that the area would be clear for a bit...

Right now creeper flows based on topography/gravity and specific forces acting upon it (like wind currents, Creeper Fields etc.) right?

Does the Creeper world engine have a concept of velocity/momentum built in to its physics engine?

If not coding the idea of a push might be tricky. I suppose if wind is still in the game one could create several super-high power currents to force the creeper out and then reduce the strength of those currents steadily to 0. That would approximate momentum without coding it.

hoodwink

Quote from: theogeer on June 05, 2013, 12:04:27 AM
Quote from: BGMFH on June 04, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Right now creeper flows based on topography/gravity and specific forces acting upon it (like wind currents, Creeper Fields etc.) right?

Does the Creeper world engine have a concept of velocity/momentum built in to its physics engine?

If not coding the idea of a push might be tricky. I suppose if wind is still in the game one could create several super-high power currents to force the creeper out and then reduce the strength of those currents steadily to 0. That would approximate momentum without coding it.

Shields. Watch 'The march'.

The code for 'pushing' of creeper is already there and used, as is 'pulling' the creeper.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)