Titan Suggestions

Started by ShadowDragon7015, February 24, 2013, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrike30

The packet speed upgrade seems to effect how quickly packets travel over the network, not the rate at which they're sent to the requesting structure.  For it to make intuitive sense, I think the ROF upgrade would have to increase the frequency with which packets were sent to the Bertha (or reduce the cost of firing the Bertha, which would make them less of a drain on the economy in the process; unsure if that's an intended benefit).  Or simply let the Bertha not benefit from the upgrade.

Another guess regarding the percentage slider is the percentage of max power the singularity weapon is fired at, maybe allowing for less effective but more rapid/less expensive uses of the weapon.  One more thing to look forwards to learning about when the game is out :)

LazyLizard

The Hurricane

The Hurricane is ground unit. The Hurricane would work similar to mortar. It would have a bay of four explosive Martyrs. The Hurricane itself would have a basic attack for defense purposes, but it could destroy a lot of creeper  by firing its four Martyrs. The Martyrs would take time to recharge, making the Hurricane less of a game ender, but a very effective raider.  Hurricane could be used to launch quick assaults to soften up creeper a little bit, before your units move in. The Hurricane would be quick and deadly, but have relatively low recharge time, Hurricanes would have a vs. digitalis attack bonus however, balancing out its weaknesses.

Kingo

This is an idea I got for a different kind of Bertha.
The bertha has a different color scheme, and inside you find a scroll bar with Effect A (a placeholder name)on the left and Effect B on the right.
Effect A is the amount of energy going into the area of the shot (the radius of effect, like the Bertha's shot)
Effect B is the amount of energy distributed per pixel (or some area unit) in the radius of the shot.
Effect A is on the left side, and Effect B is on the right.
If you move the slider, it divides the 100% into 2. Default values might be 50-50.

You can adjust it from being able to destroy a wide plain of creeper to nuking a deep pool of creeper.

theogeer

Quote from: Kingo on May 11, 2013, 12:36:32 AM
This is an idea I got for a different kind of Bertha.
The bertha has a different color scheme, and inside you find a scroll bar with Effect A (a placeholder name)on the left and Effect B on the right.
Effect A is the amount of energy going into the area of the shot (the radius of effect, like the Bertha's shot)
Effect B is the amount of energy distributed per pixel (or some area unit) in the radius of the shot.
Effect A is on the left side, and Effect B is on the right.
If you move the slider, it divides the 100% into 2. Default values might be 50-50.

You can adjust it from being able to destroy a wide plain of creeper to nuking a deep pool of creeper.

This is a great idea. good mechanics.

allu

So this would be like bertha expect that you may adjust it to suit your current needs? Sounds like replicating bertha. Also would make bertha useless.

Kingo

Quote from: allu on May 11, 2013, 02:51:21 PM
So this would be like bertha expect that you may adjust it to suit your current needs? Sounds like replicating bertha. Also would make bertha useless.

Of course there would have to be adjustments so it has its costs and benefits, and the bertha isn't ignored.
It might eat more energy up but recharge more quickly. Energy costs could be calculated based on the values of the effects.

Ronini

Wouldn't it make more sense if this was an addition to the Bertha rather than a new unit?

Kingo

Quote from: Ronini on May 11, 2013, 05:45:05 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense if this was an addition to the Bertha rather than a new unit?

Would be a great add-on.

I would suggest being able to upgrade buildings like in tower-defense games, except that its far too ahead in the game production to add this in.
Or maybe not...

theogeer

Quote from: Kingo on May 11, 2013, 11:11:06 PM

I would suggest being able to upgrade buildings like in tower-defense games, except that its far too ahead in the game production to add this in.
Or maybe not...

I assumed Virgil intentionally excluded this type of mechanic from the games. It's an easy mechanic to implement and very understood, but I've always had the feeling that it's sort of overused. It seems to be a lazy fix to balancing problems.

"Oh, this unit is too strong? make the upgrade X% more expensive"

It works well to help balance but I think it makes for a game where your upgrade path is too consistently determined and your strategy becomes boring. I like the across-the-board upgrades that CW has used traditionally. Upgrade blasters and all blasters get the upgrade. etc. The upgrade path is easier (but not inexpensive). It also makes for smoother gameplay cause you don't have to micromanage units (did I upgrade that tower yet? Can I afford to upgrade it?)

Grauniad

It is easier (on the player) to keep track of per-unit upgrades if the units are stationary. With the large numbers of units on a CW3 map, it becomes impractical to track and manage per-unit upgrades.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kingo

I think this is implemented in some games,
But it would be simple if all units were upgraded when a person clicked a button.

Shrike30

That's basically the current mechanism, there just aren't tower specific upgrades (flamethrower blasters, anyone?).  I'm not seeing a strong need.

MadMurphy

Quote from: Grauniad on May 13, 2013, 10:24:01 AM
It is easier (on the player) to keep track of per-unit upgrades if the units are stationary. With the large numbers of units on a CW3 map, it becomes impractical to track and manage per-unit upgrades.

I agree.

If I had to micro-manage upgrading my units on top of moving them around I would be on the pause screen for to long.

billybob

*insert cleaver name here* - this would be able to move power zones that would require massive amounts of energy to do so. Basically you build it where you want and then it moves the closest power zone. After it is completed it can be moved and started up again.

Might be to late to make a suggestion but maybe someone can do this with CRPL?
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

J

Quote from: billybob on May 27, 2013, 03:40:43 PM
*insert cleaver name here* - this would be able to move power zones that would require massive amounts of energy to do so. Basically you build it where you want and then it moves the closest power zone. After it is completed it can be moved and started up again.

Might be to late to make a suggestion but maybe someone can do this with CRPL?
Doable, just requires some work to make it easy for the player.