Main Menu

map approval?

Started by ecreme, May 29, 2010, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecreme

there are more good maps than bad maps but right now were picking the good ones out of the bad ones but it should be the other way around so that were picking the bad ones out of the good ones. for example if 10% are bad maps and 90% are good maps it would be easier and faster to pick the 10% out of the 90% ranther than the other way around.

UpperKEES

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the quality of the maps (which is rather subjective as different players have different preferences), or do you mean by 'bad maps' maps that can't be finished or don't comply to the guidelines of KnuckleCracker in an other way? It's the last category that we try to filter out during reviewing and 90% of our time goes to checking whether a map can be finished. That's why presubmitted scores are so helpful to us.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ecreme

like instead of the current map approval all the submited maps are published imidiatly but then if a map approval person finds a map impossible to win it will get deleted.

Sqaz

No, that wouldn't work as there are also maps with inappropriate content (I think UpperKEES already found one this day) that may certainly not be published.

Also I don't want to play a map unless I know it's possible, I don't want to see that a totem is inaccesible after I just almost finished a map.

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on May 29, 2010, 02:14:11 PM
No, that wouldn't work as there are also maps with inappropriate content (I think UpperKEES already found one this day) that may certainly not be published.
Quite.

Also I don't want to play a map unless I know it's possible, I don't want to see that a totem is inaccesible after I just almost finished a map.

There is a workaround for this. Simply don't play a map with no scores. I'm inclined to think we'll move to this type of approval process in the near future.

UpperKEES

Exactly what sqaz & Karsten said.

If you had a store, would you let strangers put products on the shelves? People might get poisoned and you would be responsible....

Besides that, is it so hard to wait a while with already 2000+ maps available? Bear in mind that once your maps get published (which I did because you submitted a score *thumbs up*), people will be sure it's a playable and decent one, so they'll download it sooner.

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview