Custom Map: Leaky

Started by AutoPost, March 27, 2011, 10:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Leaky

Author: Snowmaker (JM)

Desc:
Progression may be slow. Defenses need to be up quickly (<2 min). Warning: The emitters are strong (20-50)

Fisherck

Great map! Best fun I have had in a while. :)
Nice challenge too. Ahh, the fun of balancing energy...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Very nice map indeed!

Of course I had to play your first contribution; good to see you got into map making as well! :)

Not sure whether I became a bit rusty or the map is rather tricky (probably both), but I wasn't able to beat your (and Fisherck's) time. That's quite a nasty terrain you've got there! Do you guys conquer the left bottom part with relays or do you go down from the middle?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Spoiler
I start at the top right, and when energy permitting, I started working my way out and to the left. I did not take the bottom left until late.r
[close]

It is indeed some mean terrain. I had to hop blasters and mortars around just to move up. :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Fisherck on March 31, 2011, 05:11:43 PM
Spoiler
I start at the top right, and when energy permitting, I started working my way out and to the left. I did not take the bottom left until late.r
[close]

It is indeed some mean terrain. I had to hop blasters and mortars around just to move up. :D

I did the same thing as Fisherck. As far as map making, I have been tinkering a little bit  :)

rchev

Another VERRRRRY tiresome slogathon. Doesn't anyone make INTERESTING & FUN maps any more????

UpperKEES

Quote from: rchev on April 01, 2011, 12:31:32 AM
Another VERRRRRY tiresome slogathon. Doesn't anyone make INTERESTING & FUN maps any more????

Looking at every post you made you're just here to annoy people. Go play outside.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

he's made a dozen posts... all of them negative.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DethbyIT

Quote from: rchev on April 01, 2011, 12:31:32 AM

This is what happens when you let children play on their mommy's computer.

DethbyIT

As soon as I saw the Author name, I knew I had to try this...then I saw the first 4 scores and knew I was going to be in big trouble.

Just reading the comments first and will give it a go now.
dbit

DethbyIT

Finished - barely.
My time would have been much better, but the terrain affected my normal symetry of building.

Seriously - good fun and one that I will play again.

Thank you for putting it together.
dbit
5x5

CtopherMI

At first I was getting nowhere fast.  Creeper flooded the starting area at 1:30.  So after many restarts I finally had blasters up to hold it back, but couldn't advance.  That was when I realized I had double down turned ON!!!  Crap!

So I tried again on normal and at the 10 minute mark I was still having trouble advancing and gave up, but I think I was being too conservative.  I had a huge energy reserve and not enough room to build my arsenal, so I wasted a lot of time building energy.  I'll try again some other time.

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: CtopherMI on April 01, 2011, 11:41:40 AM
At first I was getting nowhere fast.  Creeper flooded the starting area at 1:30.  So after many restarts I finally had blasters up to hold it back, but couldn't advance.  That was when I realized I had double down turned ON!!!  Crap!

So I tried again on normal and at the 10 minute mark I was still having trouble advancing and gave up, but I think I was being too conservative.  I had a huge energy reserve and not enough room to build my arsenal, so I wasted a lot of time building energy.  I'll try again some other time.

Suggestion: Use a single mortar... it will give you more time initially, but it wont keep you safe for long. I would advance on the right side first and then move to the left side.

Fisherck

I used a blaster at the bottom left and top right of the space, then built a mortar. I could probably keep the space indefinitely that way.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Fisherck on April 01, 2011, 12:10:31 PM
I used a blaster at the bottom left and top right of the space, then built a mortar. I could probably keep the space indefinitely that way.

Yes you can. I built a mortar in the middle and then a blaster for the left side, but positioned it so that it didn't fire consistently.