Custom Map: Advanced Training Simulator - Piece o cake

Started by AutoPost, May 02, 2010, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Advanced Training Simulator - Piece o cake

Author: Azar

Desc:
Step into the Advanced Training Simulator and test your skills.

Your next training simulation is ready, but the simulator seems to cope with some problems and loads a beta version of itself and some lousy old map.

Should be easy, right?

Germanboy

how you can win it  ???
tryed it now 3 times cant win it  :(

UpperKEES

Some totems are located where you wouldn't expect them. This map has been approved to see what people think about that.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Azar

UpperKEES

The fearless EDP-auditor quickly prevented any system errors and charged the totems, thus avoiding the flaws abused by the evil map maker. ;)

Piece-o-case! :P

Azar

Alwego

Karsten75

Quote from: Germanboy on May 02, 2010, 11:40:43 AM
how you can win it  ???
tryed it now 3 times cant win it  :(

When I teach a chess class and someone asks me "is this a mate?" then I explain that there are 3 conditions for a checkmate:
1. You cannot capture the piece that is giving check.
2. You cannot move the king to a safe spot.
3. You cannot put a piece in between the king and the piece giving check.

If those conditions are true, then it is always a checkmate.

For CW, to complete a map, there are also conditions.

Do you know them?  If your map complies with all those conditions, then the map must complete. If it does not, then you are not complying with those conditions.  QEF.

UpperKEES

Only in this case the King is located at field K9, which would mean you've already won when playing chess. ;)

Edit:

Quote from: Alwego on May 02, 2010, 02:57:02 PM
Nice idea:)

Maybe nice to solve one time, but I wouldn't like it if I have to study each map for these kind of things in the map editor every time. Especially when I've already played it once to find out I needed a completely different approach (which wasn't an issue for this map by the way).

Karsten75

So maybe a bad analogy, but I meant it in terms of preconditions necessary. For Odin City to depart, a set of preconditions must be met. If one of those have not been met, then Odin City cannot depart. If you connect all the totems before picking up all the artifacts and techs, you get a message. If you pick up all the techs and artifacts, connect the totems and Odin City does not depart, then....

BTW, it was just pure luck that I played this map to the point where this became apparent, since I almost let it go with less scrutiny since it had a score recorded.

I bet we'll see a spate of maps with this quirk. I might even make one myself. :)

Azar

I just tried to position Odin City outside the map. I have yet to succeed :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 02, 2010, 06:43:34 PM
I bet we'll see a spate of maps with this quirk. I might even make one myself. :)

I hope we won't. And if so, I hope this will be indicated in the remarks field. When I play a game, I like to know the rules, so I can play accordingly. For me the map ends at field 69,47 (zero based). I'm actually surprised the data structure (probably a 3-dimensional array) extends beyond this point.

cquante

I have to hand it to you, it's an interesting use of a map editor fluke.  On the other hand it would be a bit annoying to have to search each map for things like this.

Azar

As long as other people dont figure out how to do it you will be safe. Has anyone found how to do it?

Karsten75