Custom Map #887: All Hallows

Started by AutoPost, February 23, 2012, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #887: All Hallows

Author: Karsten75

Desc:
Nothing much. But you can finish it fast, or dally around to pick up the gems and improve your score.

teknotiss

ok first it's quite a lot really far too soon. not "nothing much"
this plays like a near impossible code map.
virtually no set up space.
too much creeper from the first emitter too many drones way too much decayable terrain
pretty much the opposite of what you described in the box really
5/10 for effort
0/10 for fun
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

OK, I'm so sorry, I don't know what possessed me to make such a misleading statement. I know exactly how hard it is to run up against a map that apparently seems easy and the creator labels as "simple", one that allows for missteps and several alternate strategies, only to find that it is "near impossible".

I'll be sure to exercise more care in making and labeling my maps in future. Can you find it in you to forgive me?  Oh, and BTW.. oh nevermind, you're too cute ... :)

Oh, and just in case you actually *did* struggle, here is a quick start guide... leads you through the time until all the gateways are done and some emitters are destroyed as well. I trust I didn't have to show you how to collect the gems?

teknotiss

all is forgiven...
i did try about 5 times and each time got a little further but i'm not a fan of hyper precise timing missions so i might just be speaking for the slowcoaches
but i'll still try every map
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Nate Dog

I'll admit I'm not one of the best at this game, but I'd like to think I'm at least decent. I'm going to keep working on this map, but it's not going well so far. That being said... there is absolutely no reason for all the sarcasm when someone gives their opinion on your map. Just because you find it easy does not mean everybody is going to. So next time lay off and be helpful. You could have simply said "I'm sorry you're having trouble with the map, here's a video to help get you started"

Karsten75

If your language was *inside* a map, it would not have been published on this site... :)

That said... Nice tie. :)

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on February 24, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

Actually, I think you're right. I was playing through some of the 'challenge' Code Maps and this sure looks familiar.

Karsten75

So *now* I finally figured out the where, when and why TakeNoNotice got on my case.. :)

Quote from: Helper on May 21, 2012, 07:07:54 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on February 24, 2012, 01:01:58 PM

Actually, I think you're right. I was playing through some of the 'challenge' Code Maps and this sure looks familiar.

Yes, I have a habit of modifying code maps... See others in my "series."

teknotiss

actually no i'd forgotton about this post, i think it was one of my first.
but i do remember thinking "wow snarky response" which is why i was conciliatory in my reply here

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 21, 2012, 07:29:36 PM
So *now* I finally figured out the where, when and why TakeNoNotice got on my case.. :)

does being insulting about my username count as a personal attack?
would that also count as you being "on my case"?

Helper

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 21, 2012, 07:29:36 PM
================

Yes, I have a habit of modifying code maps... See others in my "series."

No thanks.
Based on your attitude displayed here and the fact that I can play the original games over in the "Code" section, I'll take a pass.