Custom Map #736: help the rebels

Started by AutoPost, January 19, 2012, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #736: help the rebels

Author: Pootispoot (nl)

Desc:
The rebels from Nexonia are attacking Nexus' creeper. They only got some weak emitters, so help them. ps: they gave you all the technites you need.

Zaggy

Great map; definitely speedrun-worthy. 

pootispoot

Quote from: Zaggy on January 20, 2012, 08:59:06 PM

Thanks,
now my question to top scores is HOW?
I couldn't make it in less then 40 minutes....

J

Quote from: pootispoot on January 21, 2012, 11:39:51 AM
Open everything as fast as possible and try to nullify all emitter with the least amount of nullifiers possible, AC is vere helpful here. Did it in 30:57 on first try. (about the tech, make sure you upgrade your weapons! If you don't spend any on locked units, you have exatly enough technytes) Good map and nice use of fields.

Zaggy

Quote from: pootispoot on January 21, 2012, 11:39:51 AM
Quote from: Zaggy on January 20, 2012, 08:59:06 PM

Thanks,

The key is to keep moving forward.  Use lots of micro rifts, focus on cranking out blasters (needed more towards the end; in the beginning you can get away with using around 10).  Look for opportunities for destroying multiple emitters with a single nullifier.

Also, there's only one part in the map where you should use a shield (the 50M creeper chamber).  All other times, just don't use them, because it will hold back the AC.  The AC is another player on your team; let them get into the game!

EDIT: There's another place to use a shield: before the big pool of 5M creeper.

J

Quote from: Zaggy on January 21, 2012, 04:54:01 PM
Also, there's only one part in the map where you should use a shield (the 50M creeper chamber).
EDIT: There's another place to use a shield: before the big pool of 5M creeper.
lol I used a shield allmost everywhere but not to block the 50M creeper.
QuoteAll other times, just don't use them, because it will hold back the AC.  The AC is another player on your team; let them get into the game!
If you block it you'll have some extra AC to save your nullifiers and you'll be able to nullify them faster (you're faster at the point where you could kill multiple emitters, you still have to destroy/disable your shield pretty fast)

SmileyCoder

I enjoyed the concept of fighting alongside an "ally" namely the anti-creeper. The almost uncontrollable nature of the anticreeper made it very enjoyable, and a fresh concept.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

ryleythecool

here is a tip:

there are 2 hidden pools of anti creeper in this lvl. hold down r and u will see them. just block these after u get ur shields for a massive boost to your ac attack power.