Congrats Virgil!

Started by CobraKill, December 12, 2011, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Congrats on being in the Top 100 for Indie of the year awards! Now all we need to do is win ;)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

J

V should post again instead of editing his post, when I clicked on announcements, I saw there was something new in that topic. But I voted for it before I saw anything on kc ;D

Congrats Vrigil! 5 days and 11 hours till end!

CobraKill

Less then 23 Hours! Last chance for those of you who haven't voted!
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

J

knucracker

If you look at the top 100 page and then select "Real Time Strategy", it is shown 2nd in the list.  I assume this means it is the second highest ranked RTS title at IndieDB for 2011.  Note that every community is different and has a different set of players.  The RTS category didn't seem to do as well as others at indieDB... so perhaps the crowd that most often frequents indieDB tends to lean towards more other gaming categories.

Also note that indieDB is closely related to Desura....  which is a store.  Some games are for sale on Desura and others are not.  Games available at Desura may get extra attention at indieDB.  All that said, I think CW2 did extremely well to otherwise have been ignored by Desura and IndieDB over the year (no coverage of it's release in their quarterly breakdown, and not being carried by Desura).  To show up in second place in the RTS category on a site that wasn't 'arms wide open' to our growing Creeper Nation.... that's a victory we should be proud of.

J

Quote from: virgilw on December 29, 2011, 03:20:12 PM
If you look at the top 100 page and then select "Real Time Strategy", it is shown 2nd in the list.  I assume this means it is the second highest ranked RTS title at IndieDB for 2011.
Select puzzle compilation and you'll see that's not true. SpaceChem (6th) is shows up second while Q.U.B.E. isn't in the top 10. I think we can give CW2 the 11th place in the top 100!
Congrats Virgil!