Reinforcements

Started by fireskull98, March 13, 2010, 02:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireskull98

I made a new map, and i had this emitter in the corner that had an intensity of 100. but the interval was 90 seconds, so that way every once and a while a big burst of creeper was created. and i had two other emitters that had an intensity of 0.1 and 1. the intervals are 0.1 and 1. so those two were backing up the big one.

well, then i saved that map and i played with the map editor a bit, and tried to see if the spores would COME from the side Odin city was on, and end where the creeper was. so if the player failed to destroy the spores, the creeper would receive a few layers of of reinforcements. well, all it did was come from odin cities side and ended on Odin cities side... well, i was thinking if the next version could offer an option of "backup" or something like that, and then select were it lands. or, make the spore an item in the objects menu and place it. then choose what time it appears and and where it comes from and all that. the reason i can't just use emitters is because the player couldn't destroy it before the backup came.

so, what do ya think?
pwn or be pwnd

Twi

This should probably go in Suggestions.

Also, pic has TERRIBLE resolution.
What you want, however, seems to be a good idea.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

fireskull98

Quote from: Twi on March 13, 2010, 02:11:41 PM
This should probably go in Suggestions.

well, it is about a custom map, and a suggestion... maybe ill go post it in suggestions as well.
pwn or be pwnd

Twi

Nah, let the mods move it.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

fireskull98

Quote from: Twi on March 13, 2010, 02:15:06 PM
Nah, let the mods move it.
...  :o i just added one to suggestions... maybe ill just delete this one
pwn or be pwnd

Karsten75

Here's an interesting hint for you. Since you are newish.

If you have an emitter with intensity of .1 in front of an emitter with intensity 100, the .1 emitter will swallow the 100 emitter's creep.

Test it out.  The number is the max height the creep can reach in the vicinity of that emitter.

fireskull98

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 13, 2010, 02:51:51 PM
Here's an interesting hint for you. Since you are newish.

If you have an emitter with intensity of .1 in front of an emitter with intensity 100, the .1 emitter will swallow the 100 emitter's creep.

Test it out.  The number is the max height the creep can reach in the vicinity of that emitter.
i have tried that map, and beat it. i didn't notice that, and i don't think that is what happened. all the .1 emitter does is create a thin line of creeper so it fills up the retreating creeper from the big one.
pwn or be pwnd

Karsten75

OK, believe what you wish. I don't know why I bother.

PS. Yea, I too beat it in pre-approval testing.

mpl

Single emitter swallows creeper from very small area. It's not very easy to notice this effect if you don't know it.

But this gave me an idea. I just tried a solid wall made of 0 intensity 0.1 interval emitters. It swallows creeper and doesn't let any creeper pass through. It's possible to use few 0.3 interval 0 intensity emitters in the wall to make leaking points. This could be useful in some strange map design.