CW2 Submit Score - Possibility for abuse

Started by SmileyCoder, November 18, 2011, 03:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

It would seem that after I have played a CW2 custom level, I can submit my score under different names, thus effectively overriding other players scores (If i submit under their name).

Fix suggestion: Store a GUID with the score and submit it along with the player name. Only allow 1 score per GUID.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

knucracker

In theory you should not be able to over post a lower score or time... If that is the case it is a bug.  But if you want to contribute a higher score to some other name that is possible.

Michionlion

Quote from: virgilw on November 18, 2011, 08:00:26 AM
In theory you should not be able to over post a lower score or time... If that is the case it is a bug.  But if you want to contribute a higher score to some other name that is possible.

;)  Somebody volunteer to post better scores under my name!  (i was dismal at most of the in-game maps....) ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!