Custom Map #422: Projectile William

Started by AutoPost, November 06, 2011, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #422: Projectile William

Author: yui56

Desc:
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to other persons, real or fictional, is purely coincidental.

shoeface

Very good map, except for the solid block with creepers underneath it, i really hate those

Grauniad

I don't believe there is any entombed creeper on this map.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

shoeface

There is underneath the solid block in the middle of the creeper mass  :-\

Grauniad

Indeed, I missed that. But pray tell, since that creeper is not germane to winning or losing, why would you object to its presence?

UmberGryphon

Quote from: AutoPost on November 06, 2011, 09:01:02 AM
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to other persons, real or fictional, is purely coincidental.

There are other levels that mention Mario by name, but if you want to claim that Bullet Bill and Projectile William are completely different, I guess that's fine....

yui56

Quote from: shoeface on November 06, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
There is underneath the solid block in the middle of the creeper mass  :-\

Oops.  Didn't mean for it to be there.  That solid block was a last-minute addition and I forgot to clear the creeper from under it.

Quote from: UmberGryphon on November 06, 2011, 06:33:17 PM
There are other levels that mention Mario by name, but if you want to claim that Bullet Bill and Projectile William are completely different, I guess that's fine....

That's just my sense of humor at work  :D.  The play on the name is part of my homage.  I wasn't actually worried about any kind of copyright violations. 

davidp

Yikes!  I couldn't finish the map because of the creeper under the block.  :(  I don't feel like playing it again and having my launchers take it out by hitting creeper beside it and damaging the creeper under the block.  :(

Grauniad

Quote from: davidp on November 07, 2011, 12:35:45 PM
Yikes!  I couldn't finish the map because of the creeper under the block.  :(  I don't feel like playing it again and having my launchers take it out by hitting creeper beside it and damaging the creeper under the block.  :(

So how *did* you take out all the other creeper?

davidp

Quote from: Grauniad on November 07, 2011, 01:50:02 PM
Quote from: davidp on November 07, 2011, 12:35:45 PM

So how *did* you take out all the other creeper?

Using blasters and launchers, of course.  :P

I used launchers and blasters from the top to get to the emitters, then I drove my blasters down to finish it off.  The launchers must not have been launching close enough to the block (or long enough) to get all the creeper under it.  :(

Fisherck

Hmmm. A bit of a failure on the part of mapmods... (including me :)). I'll add this to my checklist...
*Look for creeper under solid blocks... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grauniad

Quote from: Fisherck on November 07, 2011, 06:44:22 PM
Hmmm. A bit of a failure on the part of mapmods... (including me :)). I'll add this to my checklist...
*Look for creeper under solid blocks... ;)

No need to. We (Virgil and I at least) have discussed it previously and thought we'd leave it as-is.  Another trick in the "annoying to heck" category mapmakers can deploy.  :)