Started by AutoPost, November 03, 2011, 07:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #406: 1

Author: nik[rus]

Desc:

RichieRich

Nice map thanks.

Liked the balance between power/cost with the 25 dig for each square.

Gryten

The most fun I've had playing creeper in a long time!

SmileyCoder

A very different map. I liked it alot.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Karsten75

Great map - it looks annoying at the start, but once you have played it and saw the opportunities for improvement and alternate strategies, one almost *has* to play it again. Admittedly the extremely costly terrain is a pain, but it provides a fine balance (and reward) for the cost.  :)

michimueller

can someone give me a few hints, even by editing the map i dont have a clue...

Karsten75

Quote from: michimueller on November 04, 2011, 10:02:10 AM
can someone give me a few hints, even by editing the map i dont have a clue...

Hope this helps... :)

fitz

That looks quite a sophisticated solution. I simply moved the mothership to the top ASAP. It is then a relatively easy task fighting down.

Kithros

I pretty much just shielded it off at the beginning then brute forced it - never dug a single cell of terrain (if I had noticed the entombed creeper I could have shaved off some time though). Built reactors everywhere I could, then just massed lots of launchers and blasters - once I could cut across the thin densities of creeper nullify the top emitter ASAP, and once it's gone just mop up everything that's leftover. The lower emitter shouldn't be nullified until you have reactors everywhere you intend to build them in my opinion, it's pretty non-threatening for a very long amount of time and it doesn't take long for launchers to clear up the creeper since the gravity is so high and you don't need any blasters to support the launchers there.

Grauniad

Quote from: fitz on November 05, 2011, 05:20:31 AM
That looks quite a sophisticated solution. I simply moved the mothership to the top ASAP. It is then a relatively easy task fighting down.

Just *how* did you move the Landing Ship?  I can't see how it can pass those barriers until you've dug them open - at which time there is a boatload (pun intended :)) of creeper to contend with.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

fitz

Built reactors and some tech domes all across the bottom and on the first 'shelf'.
Dig the minimum required up the middle to get to the top left where there is a convenient shelter.
Dig on the left to clear a path to the top. You have to move through the creeper but it isn't dense.

The problem is that once you are at the top you have nothing. But you are completely safe, can kill off the top emitter and start working your way down.

fitz

I have just rerun it. You can get clear at the top in under two minutes with all your reactors still alive at the bottom - but not for long  :o