Custom Map #174: The Awakening

Started by AutoPost, September 09, 2011, 11:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #174: The Awakening

Author: Kai

Desc:
With new orders from Colony Prime, Moya and her crew continue on their journey.

DethbyIT

I was trying to figure out what the purpose of this game is. Restricted objects to build, restricted space to develop energy and massive amounts of Creeper to fight.

It may only be a function of my limited game playing skills, but I gave up after being stuck in the same spot for about 20 minutes.

UmberGryphon

Anybody feel like giving a hint for this map?  Without any weapon but blasters, how am I supposed to deal with this amount of creeper?

Kithros

Quote from: UmberGryphon on October 04, 2011, 11:01:12 PM
Anybody feel like giving a hint for this map?  Without any weapon but blasters, how am I supposed to deal with this amount of creeper?

There are techs underneath each of the gateways.

UmberGryphon

Quote from: Kithros on October 04, 2011, 11:05:01 PM

That would require me to get things under control enough that I could get to the gateways.  And since I don't have rifts, I'd have to keep a clear path for packets to travel that whole way.  And I can't seem to manage that.

Kithros

Quote from: UmberGryphon on October 05, 2011, 01:40:19 AM
Quote from: Kithros on October 04, 2011, 11:05:01 PM

That would require me to get things under control enough that I could get to the gateways.  And since I don't have rifts, I'd have to keep a clear path for packets to travel that whole way.  And I can't seem to manage that.

If you move quickly it shouldn't be hard to get to the launcher tech early on - it's underneath the top-right gateway - of course, the longer you take the harder it gets - in fact, if you're really quick you can get the launcher tech before the creeper even starts moving at all.