Interesting map I crafted

Started by evileyeball, February 23, 2010, 03:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evileyeball

My first real interesting map I've created
Anyone with a good eye will see it right away and win, those without will be intrigued

Karsten75

Ha-ha.

5:21 and that is with a few mistakes.

4:09 and I think I can still do better.

2:50 and there might still be optimizations in my strategy. I asked siccles and he's at 1:09

evileyeball

teengamer

You do relize that any terrain secrets can be fixed in the editor and submitted without problems, correct?

Karsten75

Quote from: teengamer on February 23, 2010, 09:24:16 PM
You do relize that any terrain secrets can be fixed in the editor and submitted without problems, correct?

No, the map identity will change and then the scored of an altered map will not appear on the original map scores.

Karsten75

Quote from: evileyeball on February 23, 2010, 07:52:24 PM
Did you like what i did at 3:00

Oops, no I don't remember what u did at that time, I'm now at 2:40 and done, unless I can figure out a fster way to get the speed tech from that creeper pool.

evileyeball

ah well then what i did at 2:00...

evileyeball

siccles has beaten even my time... I see even i the creator have optomizations in my stragegy to do

Alwego

1:38

nice map for small battle ;)

edit:
1:15

evileyeball

Has anyone aside from karsten75 not gotten a sub 2:00 or sub 3:00 time on their first go?

Karsten75

I finally figured it out. LOL. 1:24 with a minor glitch.

JACKL

QuoteHas anyone aside from karsten75 not gotten a sub 2:00 or sub 3:00 time on their first go?

yeah,me!! lol,i moved odin city and had a heart attack when i saw the emmiter under it,the under the collectors,and so on and so forth,but it was a very interesting map though!
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

archn

How do you get the survivors?  Do you land Odin city on the top? Then do you need to use a collector to get the survivors?  Do you need a blaster to be able to get the collectors up top?

I'm not sure how the map is to be played, but I know you have to work faster than the 2 minute mark to win.

Karsten75

No, you can win this map even after 5 minutes. It took me a busload of tries to finally figure out the optimal strategy.

evileyeball

archn.... Its possible to win even after two minutes, even after 3 minutes... I've done it...

I like what i did with the survival pods, Those emitters (not to give too much away) are 0.1 3600, 0.1... So every hour they put out 0.1 creep starting at 0.1 seconds in

just to make a little blanket that you have to shoot away