Custom Map: First Encounters Part 3

Started by AutoPost, August 09, 2011, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: First Encounters Part 3

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
Possibly my last cw1 map ever... This series will now lead into cw2! Read the text, it's very important, I spent a lot of time on the story... and it's a very good story, if I do say so my self. A bit of a puzzler, but I'm sure you can figure it out. There are much easier ways to beat it...

Ebon Heart

Sorry, I was cut off. *glares at short description box* anyways, message me if you need help with the end.  And above all, read the text. Whoever can guess where the story's going to go first wins... Um,  bragging rights, I guess. :P That or whoever's closest when the next map comes out. Lol.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

snowmaker (JM)

Ebon Heart

holy crap Snowmaker! You beat this in half the time I did... I suppose one very effective way would be to just bomb the hell out of the center and get a collector made. I actually went through the trouble of capping all 8 emitters and flying in right after a burst. How did you do it?

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 09, 2011, 02:27:13 PM
holy crap Snowmaker! You beat this in half the time I did... I suppose one very effective way would be to just bomb the hell out of the center and get a collector made. I actually went through the trouble of capping all 8 emitters and flying in right after a burst. How did you do it?

I started doing that when I realized, that I just needed to do that  :P

So If I tried this again, my time would be a lot better.

Ebon Heart

I tried bombing the hell out of the center using 6 drones, but the creeper destroyed my collector... I barely managed to get my city back to where my base was in time to power my weapons up again.

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 09, 2011, 02:54:37 PM
I tried bombing the hell out of the center using 6 drones, but the creeper destroyed my collector... I barely managed to get my city back to where my base was in time to power my weapons up again.

I bombed around the edges just to keep that down then....

Spoiler
Once you bomb it... you have 60 sec to get those middle artifacts, so you don't need to worry about your network  ;)
[close]

DethbyIT

LOL!
You two are arguing over finishing techniques and I can't even survive the start.
I've tried moving OC over the corner and defending, then tried moving to the right center, but no go.

How about a basic 'starting' position - then I'll figure out that whole bombing thing :)

Thanks,
dbit

Ebon Heart

This should help you get started. (see attachments) After that, just get some more reactors up, and get a mortar before the creeper overflows the walls. (the blasters will hold back creeper from the lower walls, and take the occasional chunk out of the main pool)

DethbyIT

Black-Heart -
Exactly what I needed - thanks.
I tried something very similar but was pausing to grab the upgrade at the bottom center. Apparently those extra few seconds put me too far behind the curve to get the right start.

Right now I am well into the game and taking the time to clear out all the Creeper before doing the final attack - just because I can and just because it is so much fun.

Thanks,
dbit

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on August 10, 2011, 06:07:41 AM
Black-Heart -
Exactly what I needed - thanks.
I tried something very similar but was pausing to grab the upgrade at the bottom center. Apparently those extra few seconds put me too far behind the curve to get the right start.

Right now I am well into the game and taking the time to clear out all the Creeper before doing the final attack - just because I can and just because it is so much fun.

Thanks,
dbit
XD the uphill loopy... Thingy is a lot of fun. You know though, for the life of me, I cannot tell you how I came up with that design.
PS: I never thought to live to see the day where I'd have to help you with any sort of cw1 map. :P
EDIT: Black Heart?? Lol.

DethbyIT

Finished it up and that was a lot of fun!

I must have clicked something I shouldn't have right at the end. As I was reading through the story line (very good stuff, BTW), the game started up again and closed itself out.

Oh well, there's only one thing to do now (Play it again, Sam).

Thanks for a great game - definitely 5x5.
dbit

[Edit]
Your 'extra sense' worked well.
%

Ebon Heart

It's funny, most of the crazonium on the map is a result of me trying to make you you have to have Odin City over the center of the map when you finish the game... Just so that story would work.
EDIT: btw, you pulled me from a game of Three Kingdoms because my "someone is commenting on my map" sense was tingling. :P posting this here for a second.

lich98

map was awesome to play. :)
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra